Oneplus 8T - Swapping components between KB2007 & KB2000

sandunk1985

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 8T
Hi,

Mistakenly I ordered this OnePlus 8T (KB2007) through eBay which is locked to T mobile US. In my country T-Mobile network is not available. Now I got a lead to this OnePlus 8T (KB2000 global version) with a display issue (other than the display issue all other functions are working well in that phone). And I can get it for a very fair deal.

What I am thinking is to get this phone (KB2000) and swap its inside parts with my OnePlus 8T (KB2007). So I just need the 'display and the housing' of the KB2007 to be compatible with the other components of KB2000 (both phones exactly same 12 Gb RAM, 256 Storage 5G version)

I just want to know whether this is technically feasible?

Because I still need to pay and buy that KB2000 from this local seller. If the components are not compatible and can not be swapped with my phone the money spent will be a waste. So before buying I need to make sure whether it is compatible.

All your generous support is warmly welcome !

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
And you feel comfortable trying to swap out internals of the phones? Have you done this before? I'd probably just sell the T-Mobile phone and try to get the one for your region IMO.. I'd also look at XDA there is a possibility that you can root the T-Mobile phone and depending on compatibility run an international ROM on it so that it would work for your country..

OP
S

sandunk1985

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 8T
And you feel comfortable trying to swap out internals of the phones? Have you done this before? I'd probably just sell the T-Mobile phone and try to get the one for your region IMO.. I'd also look at XDA there is a possibility that you can root the T-Mobile phone and depending on compatibility run an international ROM on it so that it would work for your country..

Thanks for the reply dude

Its not done by my self. Will get it done through a technician who is very much capable. Charge is not much as I personally know the technician.

Its still cheaper and hassle free for me than shipping the phone back and forth to USA.

This T-Mobile versions are very hard to break I guess. Have no idea of the method you have mentioned. I tried with several 3rd party unlocking experts. What they said is its possible, but very expensive as they need to buy some key of something through the server.

OP
S

sandunk1985

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 8T
Bump !

Nobody willing to help ???

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump !

Nobody willing to help ???

You have an unusual issue that not many would know the answer to. It seems like it should work but it is hard to know without trying, or being a technician who's tried.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
S

sandunk1985

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 8T
You have an unusual issue that not many would know the answer to. It seems like it should work but it is hard to know without trying, or being a technician who's tried.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I know dude.. But a technically competent guy with OnePlus should be able to give an answer isn't it ?? :(

OP
S

sandunk1985

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 8T
I have done swapping displays of Oneplus 8T between KB2007 & KB2000.

All work perfectly fine except the FINGERPRINT

Fingerprint does not being recognized at all.

Does anybody have an answer to this ?

What I found googling is it needs to be recalibrated through a oneplus official store

Does anyone have any idea about any other way, as I am not having a OP official store in my country

Anyone's help here is greatly appreciated.