one tough phone

19thumper76

Reaction score
well after 8 months of hard abuse i finally killed my Droid. actually the phone itself works fine (im using it as a modem right now). but the screen is shattered, just the lcd not the outer glass or digitizer,and this thing took a huge hit to the screen probably 200-250 lbs of force from a 1" pipe. and it left a bruise in the shape of the phone on my leg. Filed a claim yesterday new phone should be here tomorrow and will take pics when the new one gets here

li2327

Reaction score
Wow. That was a serious hit. I'm sure you're glad you have a new one coming. I've dropped mine so many times and luckily I've only gotten a few minor nicks. dancedroid

OP
19thumper76

19thumper76

Reaction score
trust me any other phone would have been dead long ago, i normally have to get a new phone every 4-6 months

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I dropped mine and tried to catch it with my foot and had a slight muscle spasm when I did. Kicked the thing about ten feet and bounced it off a brick wall and concrete floor and not a thing happened to it. I do have a case but expected to have the phone end up in pieces when I saw it flying toward the wall.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I dropped mine and tried to catch it with my foot and had a slight muscle spasm when I did. Kicked the thing about ten feet and bounced it off a brick wall and concrete floor and not a thing happened to it. I do have a case but expected to have the phone end up in pieces when I saw it flying toward the wall.

lol wtf. nice.

OP
19thumper76

19thumper76

Reaction score
trust me any other phone would have been dead long ago, i normally have to get a new phone every 4-6 months

so you're one of those people jacking up the insurance cost for the rest of us!

no this is the first time ive ever filed claim, i useually just buy a different phone out right, but i like my droid so much i want to keep it so i filed a claim dancedroid

OP
19thumper76

19thumper76

Reaction score
pics of the damage, the last pic shows that the outer glass is not damaged. pics were taken with my new droid

don_813

Reaction score
so this phone was in your pocket when you broke it, correct? i inferred this cuz u said it left a "bruise in the shape of a phone in my leg"
so how the hell did a 200 lbs of force of a 1 inch pipe hit your phone while it was in your pocket, if the phone wasn't there, would the pipe have hit ur leg? explain the story dude!

sic0048

Reaction score
I bet he weighs about 200-250 lbs and either tripped or fell onto a pipe (handrail, etc) or got pushed or something into one. That is my guess.

OP
19thumper76

19thumper76

Reaction score
yes the phone was in my pocket and no i dont weigh 250 lbs. i was hooking up our travel trailer and it has a anti sway system on it, basically its consist of 2 solid steel bars the connect from the hitch on the truck on one end and then to the tongue of the trailer with chains that are put under lots of tension with a pipe about 1" around and 2' long, anyway while putting tension on the chain the bar slipped and hit my in the leg/phone

here is a pic of the anti-sway system