One little thing that bugs me about Turbo

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
I am a first time Android user so I'm not sure if this is a Droid thing or just on Turbo but is there a way to change the setting where the time doesn't show up on the screen every time the phone gets moved? It even shows up if I wave my hand over the phone. I find it distracting and annoying when the time constantly pops on and off when I have the phone next to me sitting down.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's your active display.. Go into settings.. Tap on "moto" tap on display. Uncheck moto display.. Back out one screen.. Then tap on actions.. Tap on approach for moto display.. Uncheck it.. Should be good to go..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I love the active display. But gotta admit it is a little too sensitive.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Turn your phone upside down.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Turn your phone upside down.

That kinda defeats the purpose. It is so sensitive that I can have it sitting next to me on the couch and the slightest movement will trigger the display.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If you aren't using it at the time it is quicker to flip it upside down instead of digging into the settings to deactivate it.

They should make an on/off widget if they don't decrease the sensitivity in an update. I don't have this issue on my Note 3.

OP
V

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
If I turn off the active display under moto I will not be able to unlock the screen by press and slide as well as see any incoming messages right? I want to do all those things, I just don't want active display to pop on every time my phone gets slightly moved. I don't understand why the clock shows up even though its clearly not checked off under display app settings on moto.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That would be the approach for moto display setting I believe... Try turning just that off.. See if it helps?

OP
V

Valik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Turbo
That would be the approach for moto display setting I believe... Try turning just that off.. See if it helps?

Yea the approach setting is turned off.