One Hot Phone

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
As in BAD A** as well as temp. Mine got noticably warm just sitting in my pocket today. I took it out just to check the battery widget temp and it read 93.7 and this was after a long period of no use, just sleeping in my pocket. I wonder if something I've installed has caused this cause I've just noticed it in the last few days and I've had the phone almost 3 weeks.

Thanks for any help.

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Possibly could be something that you have just installed that requires a constant internet/GPS connection. What programs have you recently installed?

Off topic, but nice guitar, PRS eh? :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That temperature is quite normal actually. Mine got up to 118 yesterday. Now that was too hot. Since I've rooted I haven't found it uncommon to be around 98.

Someone posted that 40 celcius was an acceptable temperature per Motorola. That's 103 degrees Fahrenheit. So I wouldn't worry.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Possibly could be something that you have just installed that requires a constant internet/GPS connection. What programs have you recently installed?

Off topic, but nice guitar, PRS eh? :)

Pleasure before business... Yeah PRS - vintage yellow, tight quilt, bird inlays, 24 fret custom - autographed back plate "TO MIKE~ENJOY Paul Reed Smith"

New programs - Droid Dictionary, Google Goggles, Phone Tools, Speed Test, ISearch widget and BatteryLife widget.

rock on...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Look at Menu/Settings/About Phone/Battery Usage and see what odd program is using an unusual amount of the battery. There should be your culprit. That kind of temp for no usage is not normal. IMHO

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Motorola says the battery is rated for around up to 45C. Knowing that most companies 'play it safe' when establishing limits, I'd say as long as you're not soaring over 45C you're fine :) (113F)