how hot is to hot

Reaction score
after watching a couple movies on my Maxx I noticed it was a little warm so I checked the temp and it read 102F so no big deal but it got me thinking how hot is to hot? I have the phone in a Trident case and was thinking that could make it a little warmer then normal.

Caesars

Reaction score
I have mine in a zagg and a defender and mine often gets to 104, even 108. Usually it's in 80s. So far it seems ok, although my battery has been acting a fool lately but I'm convinced it's a bad combo of apps.

B

bens42608

That's just the price of squeezing such powerful equipment together in such a tiny package. I'd try not to worry about it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
The hottest my phone reached was 105. I just shut it off for awhile when that happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The device has an automatic cut off at a factory set temp. If it reaches that temp, it will flash a warning and shut down to cool off.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

chhare

Reaction score
Can external temperatures have any affect on the phone? I happened to leave mine in my car trunk with the air temp being about 102 degrees. When I came back a couple hours later, there was a message on the phone about temperature, but I didn't read it closely as I didn't have my glasses on at the time. The phone worked fine, just wondering about hot temperature affects.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, the external temp will affect your phones temp. On super hot days, left in direct sun, in glove box, trunk, car dash, etc can shoot the temp up on your phone drastically.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes ambient temps can affect this phone. This phones battery doesn't like heat. I would never leave this device inside a car in the heat.

Heat takes away from the life of the Li-po battery. It can also have detrimental effects on the screen. Inside the trunk of a car at 102 degrees can easily be more like 120 degrees if not more... I wouldn't advise it.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ha ha 94lt1, my post beat yours by milliseconds!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ha ha 94lt1, my post beat yours by milliseconds!

That's alright tis... the info you gave is good though.. and besides... I'd rather hear from you anyhow :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ah, thanks! I like hearing it from you more because then I know I have accurate information. Sometimes I am pretty confident but sometimes not which I always try to preface with a "maybe" or an "I think", but still always reassuring when your on the right track.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ah, thanks! I like hearing it from you more because then I know I have accurate information. Sometimes I am pretty confident but sometimes not which I always try to preface with a "maybe" or an "I think", but still always reassuring when your on the right track.

It seems to me that you've been on a roll as of late. Your info has been top notch :) keep it up

Chukee

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Yes ambient temps can affect this phone. This phones battery doesn't like heat. I would never leave this device inside a car in the heat.

Heat takes away from the life of the Li-po battery. It can also have detrimental effects on the screen. Inside the trunk of a car at 102 degrees can easily be more like 120 degrees if not more... I wouldn't advise it.

Agree 110 percent what 94lt1 said. Prolong exposure to temp that high will destroy your battery.

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
after watching a couple movies on my Maxx I noticed it was a little warm so I checked the temp and it read 102F so no big deal but it got me thinking how hot is to hot? I have the phone in a Trident case and was thinking that could make it a little warmer then normal.

How did you take the temperature reading?