One Click to get back on upgrade path

jkliving92

Reaction score
Worked for me also, I have not applied the 901 update, if I apply the update will I loose root?

If you're forever rooted no. The original script forever rooted after the 893 install but would fail so be careful there. There's an updated script that forever roots while still running 886 though. I posted the link to the thread a few pages back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mugz714

Reaction score
I was unrooted then when I applied the one click it rooted me. Should I apply forever rooted and then update to the 901?

cbrmike

Reaction score
So I'm greatful to be back on the OTA path and plan on not messing with leaks again . Down the road can I root my phone now that I used the on click and took the 901 ?
I have the superuser app and checked with root checker and it says " device does not have proper root access" I know nothing about rooting so should I just delete the app for now ?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I was unrooted then when I applied the one click it rooted me. Should I apply forever rooted and then update to the 901?

yes if you didnt apply the forever you will want to do that before flashing further.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
So I'm greatful to be back on the OTA path and plan on not messing with leaks again . Down the road can I root my phone now that I used the on click and took the 901 ?
I have the superuser app and checked with root checker and it says " device does not have proper root access" I know nothing about rooting so should I just delete the app for now ?

yes

if you dont have root there is no harm in leaving the app there, or delete it if you wish.

mugz714

Reaction score
Tought I was rooted after using the one click method but im not. I have not applied the 901 update yet until I root what can i use to root my phone?

jkliving92

Reaction score
Not working for me any other ideas?

If you used the path saver to get 893 the forever root script will fail for some reason. You'll have to do the path saver again forever root while still on 886. The updated path saver script I mentioned a few pages back does this. I'll post a link in a minute. Since you haven't applied 901 yet you won't run into issues with the cdt file.

wooddale

Reaction score
I would really like some kind of link I registered it acknoledges my sign on but says only registered can use when I try and register it says I already am registered needless to say Im getting nowhere what am I doing wrong or can I get it somewhere else Thanks.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
finally rooted my phone, now how do i install the 901 update?

sorry for not reading backwards but if you used the pathsaver, the 901 file is on your phone, just boot into recovery and choose apply update from sd and choose the 901 file.