One-click Root for your Droid X

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
5cgfol.jpg

Found the original Droid X root method a bit unsettling? Well, fret no longer. Thanks to Sil3ntKi113 over at Alldroid, there is now a 1-click root program for your Droid X. Similar to unRevoked's root application for the Incredible and the various jailbreaking tools for the iPhone, DroidX Root requires very little of you, aside from plugging your phone into your computer. You will also need .NET 3.5 Framework installed on your Windows PC (note, Vista and Win 7 both have .NET 3.5 automatically integrated, so no need to worry, unless you're running XP). And as a relief to many, Android SDK and ADB are not required, because all the appropriate drivers are integrated into the application. Give it a go, and let us know if it worked for you.

Also note, after you root, and before you make any modifications to your Droid X, you must read Droid X Root Ultimate WrongDoings, or you will brick your phone!

Download link here: DroidXRoot.zip

source: Alldroid

Thanks to johnomaz for the tip!

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow now that time i wasted when it first came out coulda been put to better use :)

very nice

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there something like this for the original Droid?

Not really. But the Droid 1 had a very simple root method, basically just applying an update.zip in recovery, if you remember :) i know it's been a long time.

the droid x requires a few extra steps, so this 1-click root is nice

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I posted this in the DroidX hack forum a few hours ago and I can say it worked on my DX just fine. I'm on the 604 update too. I turned on USB debugging while I was already connected to USB. It didn't work until I unplugged my USB cable and plugged it back in. After that, it worked the first time right off. I'm very happy with this solution and am happy to have free tethering on my phone.

spicyhambone

Reaction score
i guess it's safe to say that if i don't know what "rooting" is, i'm not ready.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the DroidX hack forum a few hours ago and I can say it worked on my DX just fine. I'm on the 604 update too. I turned on USB debugging while I was already connected to USB. It didn't work until I unplugged my USB cable and plugged it back in. After that, it worked the first time right off. I'm very happy with this solution and am happy to have free tethering on my phone.

OP edited.dancedroid

Grifter

Reaction score
Didn't mean to post in the topic that got locked, so I read that you have to unzip the files first...I'm assuming that you do this on the PC and then run an install file? or am I looking at this the wrong way....

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
HOw long does it take because in trying to method i have super user permissions app on my phone but when you click on it ....just says users permissions on top but nothing below plus on my computer it still says copying su.....? and its been this way for 10 min

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
ok scratch that I did it again and said root successful but i havent gotten a set permissions yet on screen to allow the program am i suppose to?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
icon1.gif
Article: Droid X: Runnng Froyo - Coming Soon to a Phone near You

droidx-froyo.jpg

No this is not a hoax, and your eyes are not deceiving you. This is a screenshot of the DroidX running Android 2.2 (Froyo). Not a lot of information is available but jump into the forum to see what I know and to share what you know

What I know:

** Yes it still has blur
** No it does not have the new froyo homescreen
** It behaves and looks just like current system.

wonder if thats the real ota or if they got around the...........

Droid X: Runnng Froyo - Coming Soon to a Phone near You

M@|ice

Reaction score
can you post a step by step process in the OP please? i have tried to perform this and it just says it is installing drivers. i am not sure if i need to have the phone in a specific mode for it to actually start. i have the .zip d/led, and running the .exe and clicked the root button but nothing happens, no progress. thanks.

omnicious

Reaction score
So the feedback from this method is that it works for some and doesn't for others. What I want to know is has this method bricked or messed with any of the phones when it doesn't work?

M@|ice

Reaction score
has anyone gotten this to work? im running 2.1-update1 version 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US. if someone got this working can you explain what method you used? ive tried PC mode and usb mass storage and it just sits there saying "installing motorola drivers for DroidX..."

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
this will probably cause a lot of commotion from noobs cause this makes it so everyone can do it so now no one will know whats going on i think everyone should do it the old school way at least once then this could be for just quick use for those you know what they are doing