? On root from a noob

northernmoris

Reaction score
I came from the BB world.. This is my first droid(x)... Love the phone and have learned a lot from the board..

My question is: I have rooted my phone via the one click way.. I know its rooted because I have superuser and other root only apps work. But in terminal emulator it still shows the "$" sign and autokiller says root required for full functionality. When I check superuser its checked off as allowed.. Any ideas? Thank you..

hacku

Reaction score
I came from the BB world.. This is my first droid(x)... Love the phone and have learned a lot from the board..

My question is: I have rooted my phone via the one click way.. I know its rooted because I have superuser and other root only apps work. But in terminal emulator it still shows the "$" sign and autokiller says root required for full functionality. When I check superuser its checked off as allowed.. Any ideas? Thank you..

In terminal emulator type in su and then hit enter. If the following line starts with a # then you are rooted.

As far as Autokiller it will ask you for Root access. If it did that and you granted it, make sure you always check the box that says to always allow access.

OP
N

northernmoris

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. When I type in su I do get the "#"... In superuser Autokiller is set for allow, yet everytime I open it a dialog box pops up stating root required... When I set a Autokiller shortcut such as a moderate setting it seems to take action.. I guess just the dialog box is throwing me off.

Thanks again.

hacku

Reaction score
Sounds like it's doing it's job. The dialog must be there all the time regardless of whether the phone is rooted or not.

Maximus205

Reaction score

If you dont mind me asking what one click app did you use to get rooted?