On public wifi

silverfang77

Reaction score
Right now, I'm at Borders, which offers free Verizon wifi. You connect, open the browser, agree to the TOS and then get three hours before you must do the TOS again.

Today, I did this, then recorded and uploaded a video to Facebook. I then opened Flow and noticed it was taking forever to refresh my time line. I exited Flow and went into Dolphin, which promptly reloaded the TOS page. I had only been on the wifi for about 15 minutes!

Could it have booted me because I uploaded a large video?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I personally havent heard of such a thing, but it certainly seems like if your being a bandwidth hog they could kick you from there network.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I was only doing the usual things I do, (IM, email, Twitter, Facebook). I uploaded one 30 second video shot in VGA resolution.

After rebooting the phone, I was able to stay connected for about an hour before it flaked out on me.

I'm hoping the problem is an intermittent one on their end. I'd hate to think it's my Gingerbread.

drust

Reaction score
from personal experience they either block you with a firewall from going somewhere or put a cap and if u go over it your connection is terminated. they see you as a "bandwidth hog" -Xplorer4x4 and terminate your connection.

:blink:you could be using their connection for illegal purposes like hacking into norad :blink:

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I did nothing like that. I didn't even watch a streaming video. Are there any known wifi bugs with D2 Gingerbread?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
from personal experience they either block you with a firewall from going somewhere or put a cap and if u go over it your connection is terminated. they see you as a "bandwidth hog" -Xplorer4x4 and terminate your connection.

:blink:you could be using their connection for illegal purposes like hacking into norad :blink:
Im guessing through watchdog or a similar service?

I did nothing like that. I didn't even watch a streaming video.
You did soemthing exactly like that(in regards to hogging bandwidth). How big is the video? Big enough obviously. You got your answer, you probably, got booted for being over the amount of bandwidth allotted in a certain time span.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
The video wasn't even 30 seconds long and was shot in VGA format. It also kept booting me off even after the video had been uploaded and all I was doing was IMing and receiving tweets.

After I rebooted, it left me alone for an hour before booting me again. In the past, it would boot me every three hours.