D3 won't utilize wifi connection when connected

SrulDog

Reaction score
My school has a protected wireless network. on my old DINC, i added the access point to my remembered networks and, once I opened the browser, I'd be prompted to enter my login info after which I would be able to use the network. It is the same process on all my friends droids (and iPhones for that matter).

With the D3, however, when I open the browser I do not get prompted for my login ID and the wifi icon stays white, indicating that my phone is not actually utilizing the wifi. Indeed, the apps that require internet connection (market, google music, etc) will not function. I've tried multiple browsers (stock, opera, dolphin) and the same thing everytime - no login screen, just an error. I know this is kind of vague, but if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
have you checked the settings within the browser? Have you cleared data and cache from browser and started over? If none of this works I have a couple other ideas to pass before I recommend factory reset. If you are considering the reset consider a call to VZW first....although they are going to say "*228 option 1 and then factory reset" all of this after a battery pull. Then of course there will be the CNL replacement option to follow.

OP
S

SrulDog

Reaction score
thanks for your suggestions. will certainly try tomorrow when im back on campus. just thought i'd add that the wifi connection works fine in my house.

I sure hope dont have to factory reset - my titanium backup doesnt work on unrooted phone and I have games that i really don't wanna lose progress in.

what is CNL replacement?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would also try going into the browser, hit menu, more, settings, try clearing data or something as well.

OP
S

SrulDog

Reaction score
So clearing all data, changing my homepage from the default google-verizon page to regular google followed by reboot fixed it! Thanks soooo much nerdworld.

Btw what does CNL replacement mean?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums