no connect to wifi on school campus

sportadic22

Reaction score
alright sooooo for the record.. my wifi works great.. i connect to my home internet just fine (its password protected and all is good still)

heres the thing.. i had to Droid 1 before and it would never connect to my home internet but at school it would connect...

now the thunderbolt is the opposite haha.

my school internet is a unprotected wifi ..so anyone can "connect" but when on a laptop or my old droid 1 when you open a browser it auto brings you to a website where you login with your school info thus giving you school internet.

my problem is after it says im connected and i go into my browser (tried dolphin too) it does not auto bring me to this page. all pages just end up saying no internet blah blah

any help Pleaseee :)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try to pull the url for it when you log onto it on a laptop then go to it manually in the browser.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
i wanna say ive tried that.. but ill try again in class and post results..crossing fingers

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's the issue. It wants you to log in so they know who's using their Wifi (obviously). I have the same problem.

On my dx, if I close my current (only) window a few times, it eventually redirects me to the login page. I'm pretty sure that works. If not, try clicking links on whatever page you had previously loaded.

I'll tinker with it later today when I'm on campus and see if I can be more specific.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
That's the issue. It wants you to log in so they know who's using their Wifi (obviously). I have the same problem.

On my dx, if I close my current (only) window a few times, it eventually redirects me to the login page. I'm pretty sure that works. If not, try clicking links on whatever page you had previously loaded.

I'll tinker with it later today when I'm on campus and see if I can be more specific.

Sent from my DROIDX

thanks id love to fix this... damn buildings dont give me any good 3g or anything

mr_silent

Reaction score
I've seen an app for this problem in the market. Same thing happens to me on certain hotel networks. Let me see if I can find it again.

Got it. Its called wifi browser login, search the market. I'm not sure how good it works but it might help.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I had a test today in the only class I had and was so jazzed to be done that I forgot to stick around and tinker. Haha!

I'll be back on campus on Friday. If you haven't found a good fix by then, I'll try that app AND my method and let you know if I come up with anything.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
for some reason today.. it worked first time.. just opening up browser..and the login page came up..
never has happened before and ive tested it ehhh 6-8 times prior to today.. im going to try again tomr or friday to see if it works again
maybe was just lucky today ha

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Try to take notice of whether you've used the browser before trying to connect to the school's Wifi. It could be that it worked today because you didn't have anything already loaded up in the browser.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
tried today.. no luck.... connects to wifi... i go to browser.. nothing.. i even had the login link in my history.. clicked on it.. it went to the page (cache?) and after i typed in login info.. it just hung and finally just failed.

i tried a wifi login program.. apparently it is made to pop up a login screen when needed.. ya didnt do that hahaha.didnt work.