OMG have you tried the horizontal touch keyboard???

rsarno

Reaction score
I know, stupid question ... im the only one who takes 3 weeks to actually try it ROFL!

**ill preface, my thumbs are HYOOGE! I mean insane. Im a big boy, with huge hands lol.

This is amazing! AMAZING! I started typing slowly, and for whatever reason i felt confident to speed up ... to the point where i was basically blindly whacking my thumbs down without even looking. Basically typing so sloppily on purpose that im sure to eff it all up. NOT A SINGLE MISTAKE!!!

Mind you, i used the keyboard for a total of 1 minutes, and i was whacking away like a 13yr old girl!!
EDIT, (ok that sounded dirty, im referring to how much and how fast they txt hehe)

I then went to lunch with my friend who has an iphone, and i bragged about it. We went side by side and i RIPPED him!

Then i handed him my phone ... his first reaction was "see i cant type on this thing ..." which changed about 30 seconds later to "oh my god, wow"

Its like jumping off a cliff .. you have to trust yourself, and just push yourself to the next speed. Do it anticipating to make a ton of errors ... even though i bet you wont!

Unbelievable!

Now i have a question, is the dInc the same way? my phone is on the way, id hate to lose this great feature :(

eliassami5

Reaction score
yes the Incredible has the same type of landscape touch keyboard..Your experience would have been even better if you had installed the HTC IME keyboard onto the Droid. Its spell correction and word prediction are top notch...you are likely to make 50% less mistakes using that keyboard. Luckly i think the Inc. has that keyboard stock.

toastedoats

Reaction score
The hardware keyboard is greatly overrated IMO. i have only used it a half dozen times or so. I love the on screen keyboard, especially with swype!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The hard keyboard is absolutely necessary. It's how we load updates and ROM's. Outside of that the virtual keyboard is just fine. Swype not necessary.

Word to the OP. "F" in the title wasn't necessary. The only F we should see is for family and I don't think that is what you were shooting at so I made a slight adjustment. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well......u can load updates and ROMs without the hard keyboard.

Power button is Back key

Camera button is Select/Enter (except for naming backups while in recovery, u need the hard keyboard for that. But u can name backups after booting your phone up)

Volume rocker is up/down.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Power button is Back key

Camera button is Select/Enter (except for naming backups while in recovery, u need the hard keyboard for that. But u can name backups after booting your phone up)

To go into recovery you need to hold the x key down while booting. At least with SPRecovery you do. Bootloader requires you to press up on the D pad.

How are you going to do that on a phone without a keypad. I suppose ROM Manager makes this possible, or allows you to bypass these steps but I personally will not use ROM Manager.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....I forgot about the x key....and RSD Lite....:p

Im talking about navigating it, when I didnt even get into it yet....doh

But how in the world do Inc owners boot into recovery?

mmobley

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol....I forgot about the x key....and RSD Lite....:p

Im talking about navigating it, when I didnt even get into it yet....doh

But how in the world do Inc owners boot into recovery?

I'm sure the camera, volume, power and whatever other physical keys are on it.

Pressed in some kind of combination.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
The hard keyboard is absolutely necessary. It's how we load updates and ROM's. Outside of that the virtual keyboard is just fine. Swype not necessary.

Word to the OP. "F" in the title wasn't necessary. The only F we should see is for family and I don't think that is what you were shooting at so I made a slight adjustment. :)

The "F" stood for Fabulous .... :)

hehe, thanks for the correction. rule is noted.

TekHawk

Reaction score

Power button is Back key

To go into recovery you need to hold the x key down while booting. At least with SPRecovery you do. Bootloader requires you to press up on the D pad.

How are you going to do that on a phone without a keypad. I suppose ROM Manager makes this possible, or allows you to bypass these steps but I personally will not use ROM Manager.

just throwing this out there up volume + camera opens recovery this is how we opened it to do the first root hack way back when

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the Nexus has a large hacking community and the lack of a keyboard hasn't been a problem, so there is obviously some sort of work around. If one of the most well known devs (Cyanogen) primarily uses a phone without a keyboard (Nexus One), I would assume that it's not even an issue in terms of using any version of recovery.

TekHawk

Reaction score
Well the Nexus has a large hacking community and the lack of a keyboard hasn't been a problem, so there is obviously some sort of work around. If one of the most well known devs (Cyanogen) primarily uses a phone without a keyboard (Nexus One), I would assume that it's not even an issue in terms of using any version of recovery.

yes working the recoveries because the hardware venders do use there own recoveries as we replace the moto one on our droids must have a way to work them so no matter what we will have a way to work them :)