Anyone have an idea on best way to switch keyboards?

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
So I love using swype when im on the go and walking around and such, but really wish I had an option to speak to the phone when its in car mode for it to send texts and such, yes i know you shouldnt text and drive so noone needs to say that, so much easier in my mind though if you can hands free text like you can with the stock keyboard with the microphone button and say what you want and have it typed out for you.

If only there was a widget or an app that activated the stock keyboard when it notices being plugged into the car mode that would be sweeeeet. just an idea that would make life easier than switching keyboards whenever you get in and out of the car and without having to use a completely different widget which is what im trying now with vlingo widget for when in the car.

any ideas?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may not have to worry about switching. According to a report yesterday, Swype will be included on the Droid X as a native app. Though the report didn't say so, I suspect that it will include the voice-to-text feature of the native android keyboard. If so, and assuming Swype is made available for other android devices, we all may be able to stick with Swype fulltime.

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
You may not have to worry about switching. According to a report yesterday, Swype will be included on the Droid X as a native app. Though the report didn't say so, I suspect that it will include the voice-to-text feature of the native android keyboard. If so, and assuming Swype is made available for other android devices, we all may be able to stick with Swype fulltime.

Yeah but swype doesnt have a speech to text button like the native keyboards have, thats the point, if swype would have that speech to text button on the keyboard it would fix the request i have but it doesnt :( well yet at least.