[ROM] (Old)Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

alesinho

Reaction score
Dear,

I have a XT860 (Brazilian Droid3) and I installed the Maverick 2.0. For app´s i´m used the app "Custom Locale" for setup pt-BR on settings. My built-in keyboard has unconfigured. When i click "atl+q", should appear "!", but appear "*". Apparently the built-in keyboard is in another language setting.

Has some method for fix this issue?

Thanks!

Which files I have to change to reconfigure the built-in keyboard?

Tks!

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Tks!

If you have a backup of your stock ROM, I would try extracting the latinime.apk and pushing it to system/app with Root Explorer (or the like). Rename the current file there .bak and make sure to set your permissions (check the current file for the correct ones). Not sure if you will need the library files as well (although most likely) This is just my guess. Buckmarble may have better insight.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Tks!

Looking at a picture of your physical keyboard, it has the same layout as the 863. Did you wipe when you flashed?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The 860 key layout is exactly the same as the 863. The mapping some how got screwy. When I push alt+q I get the "!". <-just did it

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ignore what I said, for some reason I din't make the connection that you meant the physical kb ( I don't use it very often)

After reading buckmarble's thinking, I'm inclined to suggest that as well.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Benchmark scores are pretty arbitrary. If the rom "feels" fast and is fully functional, this is what you should "benchmark." Not to sound blunt or rude, I just don't want this to turn into a rom bashing escapade.

You're right, but I was just wondering whether it's my phone only

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, I haven't run quadrant since the D1 days. I loaded it just for fun and got 2270, 2440, 2538, 2548, 2581, 2430 & 2487 over 7 tries for an average of 2470. There's also a span/range of 331 points. One of the most glaring problems with benchmarks is that it depends a lot on what you have running.

But like Buck says, its all about feel. Even my wife says that my phone feels "smoother" than hers (D3 stock/rooted)

jesusishere

Reaction score
this is without a doubt the most stable rom on the d3. its also the best all around. maybe its just me, but the mobile hotspot didnt work. i say on rootzwiki that there is a new version coming out soon. that post was on the 8th. i cant wait. as soon as my new job gives me my paycheck i will send a couple beers/teas/cofees/cheap women your way.

Last edited:

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
can you, please, instead of VerizonWireless banner make one with Vodafone? thank you. or how can I edit that Verizon name?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
can you, please, instead of VerizonWireless banner make one with Vodafone? thank you. or how can I edit that Verizon name?

Since the DROID 3 is a global phone, its practically impossible to have one customized for every individual carrier. If you would like to change it yourself, there are two things that need to be changed. The first is an image in framework-res.apk>res>drawable-hdpi named lockscreen_banner.png and the other is eri.xml in framework-res.apk>res>xml. The xml has to be edited after the apk is decompiled and then recompiled to use it.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Since the DROID 3 is a global phone, its practically impossible to have one customized for every individual carrier. If you would like to change it yourself, there are two things that need to be changed. The first is an image in framework-res.apk>res>drawable-hdpi named lockscreen_banner.png and the other is eri.xml in framework-res.apk>res>xml. The xml has to be edited after the apk is decompiled and then recompiled to use it.

Or just install DJMOD, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.