Ok am I retarted.... (s off)

Ja5on L

Reaction score
Unlocked the Bootloader, confirmed it etc, however S is on and it is the only thing that I can think of that wont let me install Amon Ra after the stupid OTA update. Of course I can't search S off because it is too Comon... I am about to throw this thing can't win today.

Help plz

Insidious

Reaction score
Boot loader unlock keeps security on. That means custom kernels and radios have to be flashed through fastboot. We do not currently have s-off, but if we did the only advantage would be, being able to flash just about anything using a custom recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
Ok so then why can't I install Amon haha. I don't get it this isn't my first bbq but NOTHING works. I have literally been doing this for hours and can't find my mistake if I even made one.

I placed the boot img in the same folder as fastboot

I go through the process here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...recovery-amon-ra-recovery-image-fastboot.html

Run the command (without the quotes) "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile].img" where [nameoffile] is the actual file name of the image file and don't forget the ".img" extension.

Do that and all I get is a message in the command prompt that says Cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img and basically does nothing past that.

I installed new HTC drivers, uninstalled sync.

At a loss....

Insidious

Reaction score
Ok so then why can't I install Amon haha. I don't get it this isn't my first bbq but NOTHING works. I have literally been doing this for hours and can't find my mistake if I even made one.

I placed the boot img in the same folder as fastboot

I go through the process here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...recovery-amon-ra-recovery-image-fastboot.html

Run the command (without the quotes) "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile].img" where [nameoffile] is the actual file name of the image file and don't forget the ".img" extension.

Do that and all I get is a message in the command prompt that says Cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img and basically does nothing past that.

I installed new HTC drivers, uninstalled sync.

At a loss....

Hmmm. What message are you getting when you try to flash it. What I did was I renamed the recovery to nameofrecovery.img and used this command after I was mounted into c:\Android (that has everything in it for my computer specifically). I then just followed the directions.

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
The message literally says "cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" the file name is as it was from the download.

Insidious

Reaction score
The message literally says "cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" the file name is as it was from the download.

Okay.... You're rooted and in fast boot right?

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I was rooted till the OTA update, now the one click root doesn't work so I am trying to install Amon Ra so I can be rooted again.

The OTA really messed me up, Titanium Backup would work but I couldn't access it lol.

Insidious

Reaction score
Dang.... So the .bat file doesn't root you?

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I even tried putting the PH98.IMG zip on the SD card and applying update from SD card in the stock bootloader and that just gave me an error in the cache partition.

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
Even tried the new 3.14 version of Amon Ra file and nothing. I am about [.] that close to going back to my Old Droid X haha

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I also tried the CW version, same error. So any suggestions on how I can get this thing to work in Fastboot mode. I am guessing it's not a file issue but a fastboot issue. Are there different versions? I went through the unlock process via fastboot and it worked fine though.... I am really lost here folks, there is a smashed rezound in my near future.

Last edited:
OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I tossed the zip file on the external SD card with the newest img file in it that I could find and I got a "Main version is older" msg in the HBOOT section and only gave me the option to reboot phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Then you have to use fastboot or follow the method for changing the mainver in android-info.txt before flashing.

OP
J

Ja5on L

Reaction score
So if I change the mainver date in the Amon ra text file I should be able to run it and be re-rooted?