Oh, no! I dropped my phone and killed it....

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
So if you're listening to the radio (cars still have those don't they?), or connected to USB, or BT audio, basically anything EXCEPT AUX mode it won't work?!? That's crazy! Have you checked to see if you need to update the audio unit firmware? I've rarely had luck doing that myself with a USB drive. I always have the dealer do it. If that's all up to date and still not working, but it does work in your husbands truck, it's clearly the car and then I really do thing it's time to proclaim it broken and in need of replacement. The argument always works with my wife:
Me: Sorry honey, but the car is broken and my phone won't work with it anymore. I need a new car.
Wifey: Why don't you just get a new phone?
Me: I'm not eligible for a new phone yet so it would be too expensive to just buy one until I'm eligible.
Wifey: OK, go ahead and get a new car then. Just make sure you park it outside your new apartment after I kick your lazy, no good, conniving behind out of here!
Me: On second thought, I think I'll live with the problem....I didn't mean you honey...you're not the problem. OK, I'll buy YOU a new car. Sorry.
That's hilarious! I needed a good laugh today. Thank you!!!

In answer to your question, if I receive a call or text, it'll come through any which way.
If I initiated a command, in order to HEAR my sweet Google lady, I MUST have the stereo in AUX mode.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I usually have nothing really useful to add, just some ridiculous comments. You sir, on the other hand, are very helpful. Thank you!
You've been helpful when I've had issues or questions, so don't sell yourself short.
I agree with @Sajo, I really enjoy your humor. It lightens up some frustrating moments for me, at times.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
You've been helpful when I've had issues or questions, so don't sell yourself short.
I agree with @Sajo, I really enjoy your humor. It lightens up some frustrating moments for me, at times.

what humor? I thought he was being serious ;-P

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not only does she know my pin numbers, but she majored in microbiology and prepares most of our meals so I'm sure she could easily inherit the estate anytime she wants to. I'm always polite.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Not only does she know my pin numbers, but she majored in microbiology and prepares most of our meals so I'm sure she could easily inherit the estate anytime she wants to. I'm always polite.
Be very very kind and generous.