OG Droid Upgrade, X2 or Incredible 2

86mets

Reaction score
I was holding out for the Bionic but I guess I now need to change plans. I have narrowed it down to the X2 or Incredible 2 as a replacement to my OG Droid. I live in upstate NY so 4G will not be in my area for quite a while. Which do you think is a better phone and why. Thank you in advance.

matt2783

Reaction score
That's a tough one for me because I prefer the 4" form factor over the 4.3" and sense over motoblur, but I'd have to say the DX2 simply for the 1.2ghz dual core tegra 2 inside. Better future proofed.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I wish they'd make the bionic 3g and just rename it the droidx2 :(
I really hate the physical buttons on the x.
And the one button I like (shutter for camera) they remove!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would have to go with the Droid X 2 if not the Droid 3. But given the options I would go with the DX2

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
This is a really tough choice, but I wouldn't count the Moto Droid 2 out as well... but for me? I am watching Moto Droid 3 leaks carefully.

rgn2000

Reaction score
The Incredible 2 has a front facing camera if that is important to you. The X2 does not look like it will have one. I doubt I will use it much, but I feel like my next phone should have it since so many have them now. On the other hand the dual core of the X2 is sweet. It is a tough one.

OP

86mets

Reaction score
Any idea when the D3 might come out?

matt2783

Reaction score
This is pure speculation but I would guess June/July. I wouldn't expect it much earlier than June just because the lack of leaks.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
We have too see when they come out. We pretty much know what the Inc 2 will offer since it has already been announced. but the X2 has only been seen in leaks and wild spottings. But if speculation is true I'd go with the X, basically a Bionic without LTE and a front camera. And with a faster processor(but if the X is 1.2ghz, the Bionic probably will be at least that much as well.)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP

86mets

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with the incredible 2 hopefully it will launch on the 28th.

Goose07

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with the incredible 2 hopefully it will launch on the 28th.

Did you ever get the Inc2? What are your thoughts? I'm in the same boat right now. I do have 4G in my area, but am not sure that the battery life on the Thunderbolt is really worth it. Not to mention, I ordered the Inc2, then second guessed my decision. I'm wondering if the extra $50 and $35 restocking fee is worth the jump. Is it "mid-level" as every review is calling it?

Thanks!

OP

86mets

Reaction score
I actully changed my mind and went with the thunderbolt. I love it so far. I am mostly in 3g so I have not had any problems with battery life. The phone has worked perfectly so far. I figured if I'm going to have it for 2 years I might as well have 4g.

Goose07

Reaction score
I actully changed my mind and went with the thunderbolt. I love it so far. I am mostly in 3g so I have not had any problems with battery life. The phone has worked perfectly so far. I figured if I'm going to have it for 2 years I might as well have 4g.

That's my problem. I just don't know if I want to drop $285 on a phone...2 years or not.