OG Droid Slowing Down

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought my (Original) Droid on the day the were released @ a Verizon store.

I've been thrilled with and while I am computer and tech-savvy, I never felt the need to overclock it or use custom ROMs, etc.

However, recently it has become extremely sluggish. Very slow and unresponsive.

Any suggestions?

I apologize if I should not post this in this forum. I also posted this in the intro forum as I am new to this forum.

Thanks for any help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you downloaded any new apps?

A good restart usually helps the sluggishness

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i feel ya...i just recently went thru and delete a bunch of stuff from the SD card and decided to use titanium back to do a mass uninstall of all apps i dont use or rarely use. and i also delete the titanium app backup so they dont load the next i flash a new rom. now the phone is snappy and im rejoicing again. LOL im rooted and oc'ed also.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought my (Original) Droid on the day the were released @ a Verizon store.

I've been thrilled with and while I am computer and tech-savvy, I never felt the need to overclock it or use custom ROMs, etc.

However, recently it has become extremely sluggish. Very slow and unresponsive.

Any suggestions?

I apologize if I should not post this in this forum. I also posted this in the intro forum as I am new to this forum.

Thanks for any help.

Try wiping the cache from recovery or doing a factory reset. My Droid got so bad after the last update that I decided to root it and install Pete's froyo/gingerbread hybrid ROM and its like a have a brand new phone.

OP
W

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
I probably do need to delete some apps, though I really do not have very many installed that are rarely used.

I also need to move some stuff from the SD card to my computer.

Have you seen a significant increase in speed and responsiveness since you OC'd?

dasanman69

Reaction score
I probably do need to delete some apps, though I really do not have very many installed that are rarely used.

I also need to move some stuff from the SD card to my computer.

Have you seen a significant increase in speed and responsiveness since you OC'd?

Phone is very responsive. I'm running a froyo/gingerbread ROM and the browser is so much faster.

CGLOCK

Reaction score
I was in the same boat back in december when my phone was about a year old I started to not care much for it compared to playing with others. Then I finally rooted it to run custom roms and would never go back, its a brand new phone. I have only tried a few version of Ultimate Droid and liked the 2.5 version over gingerbread. I overclocked trying a few different kernals and couldn't find one that made me feel like my phone was any faster. When I cranked it up I just added heat a shorter battery time. I thought all these other guys must be thinking over clocking is soo much better due to them haveing tons of widgets and needing the extra juice to stay up with stock feel. However I decided to try PE 4.2 froyo and could not believe how fast this phone is now. Its like on crack with great battery life and little to no heat. Point of my post is don't give up only trying a few different kernals because the 5 I tried before didn't play well with my phone.

dasanman69

Reaction score
I was in the same boat back in december when my phone was about a year old I started to not care much for it compared to playing with others. Then I finally rooted it to run custom roms and would never go back, its a brand new phone. I have only tried a few version of Ultimate Droid and liked the 2.5 version over gingerbread. I overclocked trying a few different kernals and couldn't find one that made me feel like my phone was any faster. When I cranked it up I just added heat a shorter battery time. I thought all these other guys must be thinking over clocking is soo much better due to them haveing tons of widgets and needing the extra juice to stay up with stock feel. However I decided to try PE 4.2 froyo and could not believe how fast this phone is now. Its like on crack with great battery life and little to no heat. Point of my post is don't give up only trying a few different kernals because the 5 I tried before didn't play well with my phone.

I tried several kernels before settling with a slayher one. I'm running a 1Ghz one but keep my phone at 900. Works great. I've been thinking about giving PE a try and now thanks to you I definitely will.