My Droid has gotten Slow!

rkoener

Reaction score
I am not sure why, but recently my droid has been really slow. It takes forever to open apps and it is generally running way slower than it used to. I don't know that it really corisponded to installing any apps. Is there any app that I can run to see what is slowing it down? I have done the app killer and advance task manager.

PLEASE HELP!

OP
R

rkoener

Reaction score
Don't know what that means. Can you please explain this process?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why, but recently my droid has been really slow. It takes forever to open apps and it is generally running way slower than it used to. I don't know that it really corisponded to installing any apps. Is there any app that I can run to see what is slowing it down? I have done the app killer and advance task manager.

PLEASE HELP!

Not sure what to advise --- remove your apps an reinstall one at a time. That may tell you what is causing the problem.

Another option-- In settings, tap applications, tap manage applications, tap manage applications, tap soft key, tap filter, tap running.

Or in settings, tap About phone, tap Battery use. That should tell you what is using the most battery. Stop or remove that app and see if your speed increases.

Mike

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is already obvious to you, but I assume you've tried turning the Droid off and back on and then tried a battery pull if that doesn't resolve the problem.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using any of the following:

Any Home replacement app (Home++, Launcher2, etc.)
Any Virus Protection app
Any alternate keyboard

If so, they have all been known to cause lag. Obviously not for all, but on some Droids.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Mine started slowing down when closing apps sometimes, the homescreen comes up and the icons really slowly appear. I assumed it was becasue MAPS kept showing as open. I restarted and we'll see. I'm not worried about it though, a battery pull or restart fixes most of these issues.

NoKz

Reaction score
Filter your apps like above, remove any antivirus apps if you have any and see how well it performs after. Also, you can always root and overclock it. ;)

M1dnite

Reaction score
My phone is rooted and overclocked to 1 gz, and i'm having some speed issues. Not sure why now, out of this whole time. I am going to figure out what it is.

Skaggz

Reaction score
If you're rooted, overclocked, and having some lag issues it could be the ROM and/or kernal you're using. Try flashing a different ROM that is the most current from the developer. Or try a whole new developer, such as switching from bugless to DroidMod (formerly Sholes).

As stated earlier, it could just be some apps that are stealing all your resources. OS Monitor is good for seeing what apps are currently running and their current CPU usage. SeePU is also good because it places an icon in the notification bar that shows realtime CPU usage in mini-graph form.

M1dnite

Reaction score
If you're rooted, overclocked, and having some lag issues it could be the ROM and/or kernal you're using. Try flashing a different ROM that is the most current from the developer. Or try a whole new developer, such as switching from bugless to DroidMod (formerly Sholes).

As stated earlier, it could just be some apps that are stealing all your resources. OS Monitor is good for seeing what apps are currently running and their current CPU usage. SeePU is also good because it places an icon in the notification bar that shows realtime CPU usage in mini-graph form.

I'm using the newest BB. I'm not sure what is bogging it down. I dont have any AV. I just took off pictures from my home screen, and I also removed astrid from home screen. let's see if that'll fix it

and the SeePu app, was cool, but it jumped to red no matter what I did. I could just go to a screen and it'll turn red.

Hmm photo bucket was taking up 3mb of running services... *uninstalled*

*EDIT*

Oh man my news and weather was 15mb, due to cache files. I took care of that.. ahh we are back to good speeds!

Last edited:

Skaggz

Reaction score
Yeah, the graph will rise for a moment, even when scrolling a webpage. It's when the bar STAYS up that you have an issue. Also remember to turn it off or at least take it off 0.5 second refresh when you are done using it, as it will eat battery.

Good to hear you solved your issue though.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try this:

Menu/Settings/Sound&Display/Animation/ and select No Animations. This will make your droid snappier.