Consistently slow 3g, regardless of area

minger

Reaction score
Currently on my third Moto Droid, and all that I've used I've had some really slow 3g speeds, generally around 200kbps up and down. Currently running CM7... would anybody have any idea on this?

Its the latest radio; I just can't figure out why its always been so painfully slow

googlelover

Reaction score
Try *228 whichever option it is to program your phone (I forgot it) it will update your tower list, so if any tower in your area got upgraded/a new one got added then your phone will pick it up and may get faster speeds. That doesn't work I dont know, how much data have you used this month + last month?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How much data have you used this month? For the first time ever, I feel like I've been throttled. I'm currently around 4.5GB's, and about 3/4 of the way through my billing cycle. My speed has been consistently slow, but we do have a common factor other than speed, and that's that we're both on CM7.

googlelover

Reaction score
Well, if your below 10gbs a month then most likely your not getting throttled, I'm on CM7 and my speed is consistently around 1mbps down, urban did you try the *228 i told the OP to try?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, if your below 10gbs a month then most likely your not getting throttled, I'm on CM7 and my speed is consistently around 1mbps down, urban did you try the *228 i told the OP to try?

With all due respect, *228 only updates a roaming list, which doesn't really affect your speed.

googlelover

Reaction score

With all due respect, *228 only updates a roaming list, which doesn't really affect your speed.
Eh, It's helped mine, and I always thought it updated your phone for any new or upgraded towers in the area, not just roaming

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm down to a consistent ~50 kbps. I may try a different ROM tonight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

seniyajw

Reaction score
funny when when Alex asks where his girlfriend is and the little guy comes into shot. and is it me or is there a tranny in black dress standing to the side as the scuffle takes place