3G slower by the day...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
2mbps+?!? 3G was NEVER supposed to do that. Either people don't know what they are talking about or someone has bad data. Try changing server locations when you check to get a better sense. That can make a huge difference.

I've been pretty consistent at 700kbps. Near towers I can do better, but while I don't doubt capacity is having an effect I don't think anything sinister is going on.

See, when we go LTE 3mbps vs. 5mbps isn't going to be a big deal.

droidianslip

Reaction score
IDK WTF is going on but I am having this issue. I get like .4 MB/sec download and my friend gets 1.3 MB/sec download with his Droid2 sitting right next to me. I am going to call vzw and ask them why

MrKleen

Reaction score
IDK WTF is going on but I am having this issue. I get like .4 MB/sec download and my friend gets 1.3 MB/sec download with his Droid2 sitting right next to me. I am going to call vzw and ask them why

That could all be resolved with a nice new shiny Droid X!

droidianslip

Reaction score

That could all be resolved with a nice new shiny Droid X!

lol yes I suppose but... I am waiting for dual core goodness to come out before I upgrade ... my D1 still rocks and I don't see the point in getting one of the current crop of phones available that don't have dual core or LTE

vandums

Reaction score
The awesome part is Verizon is expected to announce the iPhone possible tomorrow. Think of how useless the network will become in the very near future if that is the case. I have noticed terrible 3g speed too and add millions of iPhones to that.