Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

destin246

Reaction score
Lg vu, samsung solstice, droid 2, and now im a proud owner of a DROID RAZR

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

norskejan

Reaction score
DROID X. I'm about ready to order the D4. Last November my camera shutter got stuck closed, so I've lived without it for 3 months. I have an upgrade, but have just been taking my time looking for the best phone for me. Previously I owned the first DROID. Two family members have gone to Apple, a no-no in our house, and I've been intrigued by the photo capabilities. After spending more time reading specs, information, and reviews, I am more confident and comfortable with Android and Google for my purposes. I hesitate with the slide-out keyboard, and yet the keyboard is what is drawing me, since I use it for both business and personal applications.

ej0rge

Reaction score
I literally came from a G1. I retired my G1 at about 4pm today.

I bought my G1 - cash, from a private party - a year after it hit the market, about a month before the G2 became an upcoming phone rather than just a rumor. Which is to say, right before Android phones became really ambitious.

And somehow T-Mobile stuck me with a 2 year contract w/ penalties on a phone i owned outright. This is, in part, why i am no longer a T-Mobile customer.

norskejan

Reaction score
I ordered the D4!

Late after my post on the 14th, I went ahead and ordered the D4. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow, Friday. I am excited about it, and think it will be a great phone for me! My DX will hang around the house as a spare, everything works but the camera.

joncarwash

Reaction score
OG Droid, stock, purchased just after Christmas in 2009, so just over 25 months.

I have been eligible for an upgrade since August but was purposely holding out for the Droid 4 (well, any 4G hardware keyboard dual-core Android phone on Verizon; this just happened to be it); I never really considered an upgrade to the Droid 3 since it didn't have 4G; I definitely wanted the network speed upgrade as I live in an area with good 4G coverage and didn't want to jump at a new phone only to wait another 20 months for a speed upgrade.

I must say that moving from OG Droid to Droid 4 is a massive improvement: they keyboard is infinitely better and the speed/responsiveness of the phone is leaps and bounds better. Plus I had maxed out my OG Droid's internal memory and had to limit my apps given that many could not be moved to SD. There's plenty of room on Droid 4 and I haven't even bothered to put in an SD card yet (32GB cards can be had for around $30 so it's not that big of an obstacle).

fingaz

Reaction score
Yeah... it will be well worth it to go with a 4g device. The speeds are incredibly fast and you won't be disappointed.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
I'm coming from a HTC Thunderbolt that was rooted and rommed running Forever Cubed 1.0.7 with an extended battery. Gave that to my wife to replace the OG Droid when I pruchased the Droid 4 on launch day. Have to say I'm loving my keyboard!!

Hartsoid

Reaction score
Coming off of a stock Eris, blah.

Bought it new, then bought a used D1 6 months later, bricked that 6 months after when I was playing with rooted froyo updates (womp womp), when back to my Eris and waited for my upgrade. D3 came out and I was disappointed so I saved my upgrade until a 4G Droid came out. Eris kamakazied itself the week before release too, so awesome timing.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Question. I'm not normally a phone hopper, but I LOVE the Droid 4. I have the Bionic currently, and I love the Bionic. But I have always wanted to try a physical keyboard, but the Droid 3 just didn't interest me. My wife has an early upgrade available, and i'm just wondering what my options might be to get the Droid 4. Advice?

diablo85

Reaction score
Question. I'm not normally a phone hopper, but I LOVE the Droid 4. I have the Bionic currently, and I love the Bionic. But I have always wanted to try a physical keyboard, but the Droid 3 just didn't interest me. My wife has an early upgrade available, and i'm just wondering what my options might be to get the Droid 4. Advice?

use her early upgrade to get you the D4 and give her the bionic? >.>

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
She likes basic phones so she wouldn't want the Bionic. Should I sell it back to Verizon or online?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums