Official release / launch date for the Droid Z

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Discussions for the release of the Moto Droid Z. When do you think Motorola is going to launch this new device? I'm guessing they will try to beat the launch of the iPhone 7.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think October near Halloween..but it should really be in late August... they've been ducking around apple drops and Samsung drops and keep pushing it back..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have to agree with Dan and do hope it drops BEFORE the iPhone. It will take a lot of the steam away from Apple and likely sell a good number to would-be iPhone enthusiasts and early adopters before iPhone has a chance to gain a handle on sales.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
In the past moto and vzw have been avoiding that..not wanting to take sales from Apple..but we shall see

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They clearly said during the press conference that it would be this "Summer". That is earlier than there typical October release the last few years. But since they said Summer, I am going with July or August. Hard to believe that in less than 12 months our Droid Turbo 2's will be the old Droid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Clearly stating anything with moto doesn't mean it's it subject to Change..eh??

Clamshell

Reaction score
FWIW....Called V. to complain about the dangle the carrot but no price or release date. Was told I could preorder on June 30th and have it 7-14 days later. What was even more surprising is that they took my name and number and asked if I would like a call to do this on the 30th. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
FWIW....Called V. to complain about the tangle the carrot but no price or release date. Was told I could preorder on June 30th and have it 7-14 days later. What was even more surprising is that they took my name and number and asked if I would like a call to do this on the 30th. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
It's possible. A store rep did that for me a few weeks before the Turbo 2 hit the stores, and she called right when she said she would. Granted, with that phone we knew the date it was hitting stores it was not a secret. But it is possible that Verizon emplyess know the round about date that the Z will be in stores.

Clamshell

Reaction score
FWIW....Called V. to complain about the dangle the carrot but no price or release date. Was told I could preorder on June 30th and have it 7-14 days later. What was even more surprising is that they took my name and number and asked if I would like a call to do this on the 30th. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Sure enough; no call.No preorder. What a surprise. Silly me to expect decent service.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Sure enough; no call.No preorder. What a surprise. Silly me to expect decent service.
From my experience, most very,on employees will tell you anything to get you to leave or hang up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
From one of the tech bloggers at the NYC event: pricing, preorders, & release date revealed.
461911109f2cfbc98d7b05fd5305e140.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yikes, $720 for the Force edition. I was not expecting that much.

Clamshell

Reaction score
Who do they think they are Apple? Should be some good sales for this soon as it won't likely sell at this price point very well.