[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

chasehammer

Reaction score
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL
Absolutely no issues. FYI, once you guys download the update and it reboots into recovery slide the keyboard out and press the magnifying glass key and you can read what step its in.

Totally awesome day thanks to my new friend greygifford!!!

mgarney26

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues downloading apps from the market? I have bought 2 apps and can't get them to download....they won't even show up in my notifications menu....I'm lost

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

bigdav1178

Reaction score
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL
Absolutely no issues. FYI, once you guys download the update and it reboots into recovery slide the keyboard out and press the magnifying glass key and you can read what step its in.

Haven't heard such great news in a while! (And I don't even need it, I've got a replacement coming.) No need to worry about being able to return to stock after flashing other ROMs, etc anymore. Truly Awesome!

Greygifford, if you set up a donation of some sort for yourself, I think I could pass a few bucks your way for your troubles.

peterdoctor

Reaction score
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

Now how do plan to root it since you're up to gingerbread now?

Inelastic

Reaction score
I got it running on my phone as well. Thanks Greygifford.

I just wished they updated the SW stuff. The lockscreen unlockers are still the Froyo grey. Looks a little out of place to me

greygifford

Reaction score
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

SWEET! Glad I could help out. No need for donations, I needed the file anyway. I've got to keep my phone as is until 6:00 tonight, then I am pulling out RSD and hooking my R2 up. Chasehammer, thanks for being the beta tester and pointing me to the guy that had the file.

Zottig

Reaction score
I am flashing mine now. THANKS for stepping up. I was on the fence about it. I am glad the posts with the name were still out there kicking around. Who'd have guessed it was out there and nobody knew. So many people had to flash to Droid2 because there was no SBF for the R2D2 known. Really glad to hear it's working for people too!

dancedroid

Ben

peterdoctor

Reaction score
chasehammer, any chance you could post a copy of the original Blockbuster.apk somewhere? I accidentally deleted it from my phone.

phillipliving

Reaction score
the download comes as a .rar can you just flash that over like that or is that the wrong file?

greygifford

Reaction score
phillipliving:you have to use winrar to unpack the .rar there is a .sbf file compressed into the .rar

Yeah the SBF is 400+ megs where the RAR is only 270+. Saves bandwidth and helps protect the file from corruption.