[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid-2-R2-D2-Edition_1.jpg

If you have come to own one of these elite devices and want to share your story about purchasing it, what you like or dislike about it, or anything else you might think the community will find interesting about your new Droid feel free to do it here.

images

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've only seen one member here that bought it.....

Sent from my Droid

Cunha

Reaction score
I woulda if I coulda.

I think the problem will be that a lot of people here already made the jump to the D2 or DX, and if not they are holdout guys that want to wait for the next next gen device.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently the ones who bought this device live in a Galaxy far, far away and don't have access to the Forum

iwearhats

Reaction score
I plan on buying next paycheck. I called my local store yesterday and they said they doubt they'll be getting any in and that they could order me one.

I plan on rooting it and loading some other ROM onto it. I don't care too much for the StarWars crap, just the R2D2 shell. I might be nerdy, but I'm not nerdy enough to have my phone spitting out StarWars beeps and blips. Basically, I want something no one else around me will have.

Cunha

Reaction score
For some reason I predict that they won't have any to order for you. There really aren't a lot of them out there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this thread would be full of people proudly sporting the new R2D2. I'm shocked that no one is.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW-Thanks for adding the Photos Jim :wink:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really not a single member owns a R2D2??? common people.. i figured this thread would be multiple pages by now

celblazer

Reaction score
Well I'll be the first then. I've been lurking on the droid forum on and off for a while hoping to upgrade to a droid when I could and just upgraded from a Storm 2 to the R2-D2 droid. :) The phone looks great, the included media dock also looks great (boy is it heavy). Boot time was amazingly fast compared to the Storm 2.

I'm hoping to root the phone and then go crazy installing apps over the weekend.. :)

Thanks to everyone on here hopefully I will not have to ask to many stupid questions once I dig into the phone.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum celblazer and Congrats on the R2-D2 [D2] :)

shakez

Reaction score
I got mine in today!! It's my very first smart phone :)

Very excited to break it in and figure out all the good stuff about android.
Would also eventually want to root it so I can have custom themes or roms... looking forward to browsing the forums for help on this.

:)