Official ICS ROM Leaked for HTC Thunderbolt

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt.jpg

An official build of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC's Thunderbolt has been leaked on TeamBAMF's forum. The leak is build number 7.00.605.2 and brings the Thunderbolt to Android 4.03 and Sense 3.6. The leak is mostly a stock ROM, except it has root and HTC's bloatware removed. While the release should be stable, there is no word on whether the leak is the final OTA release or not, so proceed with caution. If you're interested head on over to TeamBAMF's site for the download. If you do, let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phandroid

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had finally just given up on ICS on my T-Bolt...good news.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Great news! My wife as a TB and though she doesn't care much, I hate that it doesn't have ICS on it. But since its not my phone, I'll have to wait until the OTA so i don't have to end up fixing her phone...again :blink:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe there's still a little love left over for the Thunderdolt.

What I'm truly excited about is ICS ROMs that should be hitting soon since they've finally got an "official" build.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I'm hoping the gang over at Liquid Smooth do an ICS variant, now that the official build has leaked. I'd switch to this, but I am used to the extras that came with Liquid Smooth Gingerbread, and I prefer AOSP over Sense (which to me is just bloat--never liked Sense). My TBolt runs really nice now, even without being overclocked. And battery life is so much better over stock! If Team BAMF rolls their own version of ICS, and it has the extras I want...I'll be all over it. :)

Currently, the radios are horrible though. In some places I get rock solid 4G; at home, it's in a 4G coverage area but I can never get 4G there. Could be some incompatibility between Liquid Smooth and the radios; I'm curious to see how ICS would handle it. My buddy who owned the phone previously running the stock ROM never had issues with the radios. But he lives several states away. Different coverage there.

I'm sooooo tempted, though...ICS is long overdue now that Jelly Bean is out in the wild. Been itching to try it for several months now.

npro1464

Reaction score
I flashed this. So far so good! Loving the Chrome browser (previously unavailable to me as a Gingerbread user) and the new Google search. Has breathed new life into my phone so that I *might* just be able to make it til my contract ends (was running some buggy ROMs for a while that was driving me crazy).

Anyone else have anything to report? I'm surprised no working ASOPs have shown up yet, or have I missed something?

armeddroid

Reaction score
npro1464 said:
I flashed this. So far so good! Loving the Chrome browser (previously unavailable to me as a Gingerbread user) and the new Google search. Has breathed new life into my phone so that I *might* just be able to make it til my contract ends (was running some buggy ROMs for a while that was driving me crazy).

Anyone else have anything to report? I'm surprised no working ASOPs have shown up yet, or have I missed something?

Screenshots available?
:)