Official - I have picked up my Moto Z Device!

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I think that my verizon clerk has a big problem. When i went to buy the phone, i asked him if the moto z force droid came with a choice of 32 gb or 64 gb. He said that it only came in 32gb. If it does come in 64gb, then mine is going back. Can anyone confirm that the U.S. version does indeed come in a 64gb version? Thanks.:(
I don't believe Verizon is offering the 64gb, but you can order thru the Moto site... Moto Maker | Motorola

uploadfromtaptalk1470445618226.png

~sent while mobile~

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I don't believe Verizon is offering the 64gb, but you can order thru the Moto site... Moto Maker | Motorola

View attachment 76831

~sent while mobile~

Thanks. Please don't get me wrong. I can add an ext. sd card to the 32gb version. I do like this phone, and i did ask a verizon clerk in a verizon store, so, if verizon doesn't sell the 64gb version then it's all good. What i don't like, is being lied to, by anyone(it must be my Celtic blood). Actually, $50.00 for an extra 32gbs is a good deal, and i don't know why verizon doesn't sell both versions, but it doesn't bother me. Thanks for your help, and i can't wait to get this puppy up and running.:p

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I totally understand and hopefully you can confirm when you visit the store tomorrow for activation. Good luck and keep us posted!

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Oh! You got the special version. That's the glow from the miniature nuclear reactor that powers the phone. Just don't hold it too close to your head unless you either have a brain tumor you need to treat or want to grow a new brain tumor.
Is it something you see with the screen on or when the screen is dark? I see nothing like that on mine. There is a little fingerprint icon just above the reader. Is that what you're seeing?
Yeah, I figured it was a special edition. I stopped at a corporate Verizon on my way home from work. They said the phone has to be activated first, then they could swap it for a different one. It's registered under my husband's number & he was still working, so can't do anything about it until Sunday. Called customer service & they said that was b.s. -- whatever...
I'm attaching a picture I took this afternoon as I was charging it. No big deal, I deal with electronics, so I know some times things are wonky. I'll follow up with my activation & first thoughts shortly.
b213aadb38db8321c14a2147ff046c52.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Okay, this phone rocks! I'm still moving in, but wanted to take a break & chill for a bit.
I'm moving from a Turbo 2 which I only had for about month.
It's close to the same size as my T2, but thinner & more square on the back. Hoping when my battery mod arrives Tuesday it helps with the grip. Right now, I'd say it's not very comfortable in my hand, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
The security settings to get into the phone are awesome! There's all kinds of options to keep it unlocked or locked. The finger print reader is really cool & works well.
Files is back! Been missing that since I moved into my MAXX.
There is no Gallery app, so they're pushing us into Google's Pictures, which I am not pleased with at all. I'll be shopping for a photo gallery tomorrow. Suggestions welcomed.
There's still a lot I need to figure out, but my move into the phone was quite simple, it's just a matter of tidying up now.
First thoughts are extremely positive. I'm very impressed!
I'll check back tomorrow after I've had a day to play with it.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I finished moving in and setting up today! I'm really impressed! I don't have a mod on it, so it just has the wood plate that came with it on the back. With it being so thin and squared off to hold the mods, it's a little uncomfortable to hold on to for long periods of time -- like when it's being set up.

The volume button moved and is now the lower of the three buttons on the upper right side. It's going to take some getting used to. I find myself turning the volume up when I want to put it to sleep.

The fingerprint reader is just the bomb! I've forgotten a couple of times, so had to enter my PIN, but the reader works well and allows you to use any of five fingers you've trained the phone to read. We're not limited to left or right hand unlocking, which is really handy. There are a couple of proximity settings for security too. I don't remember seeing those on my MAXX or T2, so assuming this is a new feature. It's pretty cool! I have it set to not lock as long as it's in my hand. Once I set it down, it locks again and a quick touch of the reader opens it right back up! I don't like people looking through my phone, so the reader makes it nearly impossible for curious souls to get into.

I honestly didn't think I would notice much of a change in the speed of this from my T2, but it is quicker. It's loaded with everything I had on my previous phone, and more, but is smoother and quicker. Very nice!

I still can't say how the battery is because I'm playing around with it so much, it wouldn't be fair to post the battery stats right now. I thought I was gong to be good and leave it alone once I got it set up, so I charged it to 100% and started about the rest of my day. I dunno what I was thinking, because I've been thinking of various things to try out and more settings to tweek. I'll get back with y'all on battery life on Monday once I'm back to work and can't play with it as much.

The sound is good, for me... I'm not a good judge, I'm truly not too picky, so I think it sounds as great as my T2. Someone else who listens to more music and videos through their speakers would be a much better judge.

So far, the camera seems to be equally as good as the T2. I'm not seeing much of a difference, but didn't take many pictures with it today, so I can't honestly give much thought on it. It's 21 megapixels, for cryin' out loud... :D

The only two complaints I have at the moment are the new cables needed (I am one who has chargers set up everywhere for whomever may be in need of some juice. I bought a couple, but find myself a little nervous about not having enough LOL. My other complaint, which I guess is a Marshmallow issue -- which didn't effect my T2, is the gallery app is gone. I had it on my T2, so not sure how it was on there, but not the Z-Force. I do not like the Google picture gallery, so I'm trying out a couple of apps and will buy the one I find fits my needs the best in a few days. Again, suggestions are more than welcome....

For me, the lack of a headphone jack is not a big deal. I don't use headphones and the speakers I have are bluetooth. The phone does come with a pigtail jack to use headphones through the charging port for those in need.

If anyone is considering this phone, especially those who are fans of Motorola, I give it two thumbs up. For me, I don't see any downsides to the Lenovo acquisition. The screen is veeeery clear and crisp, which, I think deserves a hat tip to the new owners of Moto. I'm still recovering from my years with the Bionic, so I feel like I've died and gone to heaven looking at this screen!

All in all, I am very pleased and looking forward to seeing how much time I can get out of this phone with the battery mod attached.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid is wrapped in Verizon tech21 tpu bumper, and it looks and works great. Two minor glitches, maybe. Command Center, which used to show the location, now shows how long it will rain for, in my area. Is this normal? None of my three ext. sd cards will work in new phone. I'm guessing that they were screwed up by my old Samsung phones. I can reformat the cards, but ex-fat doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:p UPDATE: Using a little creative re-reformatting, i've gotten my 64gb SanDisk card to work. That Command Center thing is weird. It keeps showing raindrops, and then it will show the location for about a minute, then right back to the rain. Phone is working smooth as butter, and very fast. I'm completely happy with it.:D

Last edited:
OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here is a screen shot of my command center... It primarily shows location unless it is raining then it alternates between location and precipitation info...

uploadfromtaptalk1470600930143.png

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Here is a screen shot of my command center... It primarily shows location unless it is raining then it alternates between location and precipitation info...

View attachment 76836

~sent while mobile~
I miss the one, I think was on my Bionic, which you could customize. You were also able to click on the date to open the calendar... The battery area would spin over to be settings.. I can't remember what the weather side did, but it would spin around to something else, as well. This is my least favorite command center of the Motorola phones I've had.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I finished moving in and setting up today! I'm really impressed! I don't have a mod on it, so it just has the wood plate that came with it on the back. With it being so thin and squared off to hold the mods, it's a little uncomfortable to hold on to for long periods of time -- like when it's being set up.

The volume button moved and is now the lower of the three buttons on the upper right side. It's going to take some getting used to. I find myself turning the volume up when I want to put it to sleep.

The fingerprint reader is just the bomb! I've forgotten a couple of times, so had to enter my PIN, but the reader works well and allows you to use any of five fingers you've trained the phone to read. We're not limited to left or right hand unlocking, which is really handy. There are a couple of proximity settings for security too. I don't remember seeing those on my MAXX or T2, so assuming this is a new feature. It's pretty cool! I have it set to not lock as long as it's in my hand. Once I set it down, it locks again and a quick touch of the reader opens it right back up! I don't like people looking through my phone, so the reader makes it nearly impossible for curious souls to get into.

I honestly didn't think I would notice much of a change in the speed of this from my T2, but it is quicker. It's loaded with everything I had on my previous phone, and more, but is smoother and quicker. Very nice!

I still can't say how the battery is because I'm playing around with it so much, it wouldn't be fair to post the battery stats right now. I thought I was gong to be good and leave it alone once I got it set up, so I charged it to 100% and started about the rest of my day. I dunno what I was thinking, because I've been thinking of various things to try out and more settings to tweek. I'll get back with y'all on battery life on Monday once I'm back to work and can't play with it as much.

The sound is good, for me... I'm not a good judge, I'm truly not too picky, so I think it sounds as great as my T2. Someone else who listens to more music and videos through their speakers would be a much better judge.

So far, the camera seems to be equally as good as the T2. I'm not seeing much of a difference, but didn't take many pictures with it today, so I can't honestly give much thought on it. It's 21 megapixels, for cryin' out loud... :D

The only two complaints I have at the moment are the new cables needed (I am one who has chargers set up everywhere for whomever may be in need of some juice. I bought a couple, but find myself a little nervous about not having enough LOL. My other complaint, which I guess is a Marshmallow issue -- which didn't effect my T2, is the gallery app is gone. I had it on my T2, so not sure how it was on there, but not the Z-Force. I do not like the Google picture gallery, so I'm trying out a couple of apps and will buy the one I find fits my needs the best in a few days. Again, suggestions are more than welcome....

For me, the lack of a headphone jack is not a big deal. I don't use headphones and the speakers I have are bluetooth. The phone does come with a pigtail jack to use headphones through the charging port for those in need.

If anyone is considering this phone, especially those who are fans of Motorola, I give it two thumbs up. For me, I don't see any downsides to the Lenovo acquisition. The screen is veeeery clear and crisp, which, I think deserves a hat tip to the new owners of Moto. I'm still recovering from my years with the Bionic, so I feel like I've died and gone to heaven looking at this screen!

All in all, I am very pleased and looking forward to seeing how much time I can get out of this phone with the battery mod attached.

Try the CM Quick Pic. It's just like the old gallery, has no ads, and it's free.:p

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My battery mod finally came in today! I'm really liking how it sits in my hand now . I'll be curious to see how long the phone lasts with the mod after starting with full charges on both.
A couple of days in with this phone & there's nothing I don't like! It's super quick & the screen resolution is amazing!

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My battery life is very good, but i'm glad that it works for you.:p