Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just went back over to "DohDoh" land and bought one outright (simpler for now) 64 gig Black nylon. In the rich spirit of FoxCat.... did not even let them open the box. It is on its charger getting filled up before it gets turned on. (old habit) anyway. Nice looking phone.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think the vzw glass screen is OK.. But is kinda small... Needs to be a bit bigger..
Edited: my phone is still learning to spell... Ugh..

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Have mine. Went with a 32GB weave. On charge right now. Gonna set everything up tomorrow. Had a bit of a fiasco at the VZW store that kept me there for over 3 hours.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good job Fox, I have a feeling they gave you everything and anything you wanted because they didn't want to admit they didn't understand it :)

Do you like the Turbo?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Good job Fox, I have a feeling they gave you everything and anything you wanted because they didn't want to admit they didn't understand it :)

Do you like the Turbo?
Roflol. Well, I do enjoy making them feel inadequate while I'm talking to them at times, but I do it in such a way that it's not offensive. But yes they did give me everything I wanted and possibly more because I'm working on another angle today.

I don't know what the phone is like other than what I've seen at the store and the reviews and online here, but everything I've seen says it's the right decision for me. I'll know on Monday when I get it how much I really like it and I'll report back to everyone then.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know that about you. True gentleman and simply see's clearly the avenues to fairness. rare quality these days.

realged13

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully got them to not make you turn in your phone when first going onto the Edge program?

My screen has a small crack in it and they won't let me on Edge because of it. I got screwed over when I went from my parents plans to my own plan with my wife and my upgrade got extended and they said they can't fix it.

I know someone said they got a Verizon CSR to remove the requirement, but how did you get them to do it?

Also, can you turn in a phone that isn't yours? My dad has an old phone that was his last one before this one. I was going to see if anyone had any luck if I was to turn his old phone in.

quadtronix

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully got them to not make you turn in your phone when first going onto the Edge program?

My screen has a small crack in it and they won't let me on Edge because of it. I got screwed over when I went from my parents plans to my own plan with my wife and my upgrade got extended and they said they can't fix it.

I know someone said they got a Verizon CSR to remove the requirement, but how did you get them to do it?

Also, can you turn in a phone that isn't yours? My dad has an old phone that was his last one before this one. I was going to see if anyone had any luck if I was to turn his old phone in.
When I got on the Edge program I was told that they would accept any working smartphone for the trade. This was the VZW salesperson who told me that... I'd give it a try if I was you. Can't hurt to ask...

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was told No screen cracks/ No water damage were the two stipulations.
I didn't trade my MaxxHD simply because I didn't know about this one (yet) then where would I be?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
BTW can't find the post now, what's the best screen protector?

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Picked mine up at Verizon on Thursday ~ 64GB Ballistic Nylon.

So far so good ~ only two things of concern are signal strength and believe it or not: I get minor lag/stutter in Google Now and NOVA launchers.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I just came back to VZW so I was starting from scratch again. I did three lines on Edge and used a phone as trade on one line to get the $100 off the Turbo. The other two lines there was no trade-in.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dang it, you made me look, it's an ⅛ inch too short. Curse you.
It's still OK.. Especially if you're running a case.. I out it so the 1/8 inch is at the bottom, which is mostly covered by my otterbox defender.. But I'll actively be looking for a different tempered glass protector.. One that fits better..