Official HTC Incredible FroYo ROM leaked, ready for your consumption

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
xbxpwy.jpg

So, we heard some rumors recently that Android 2.2 is rolling out for the HTC Droid Incredible, starting on August 6th. But thanks to a good old-fashioned leak over at XDA, the official 2.2 update is available now for download. It is not an update in the true sense, but actually a complete ROM. What does this mean? You will need to be rooted to apply the update. However, rooting should not prove too difficult, as there is a one-click root application by unRevoked. This Incredible FroYo ROM is official, it has Sense UI, and it includes a ton of updates, aside from the standard Android ones, including:

HTC Flashlight, FM Radio widget, Calculator widget, SMS widget, Sync all widget, profile widgets, 3g mobile hotspot, genie widget, App sharing program, messaging app changed a bit, 720p recording, built in flash on camcorder, and more stuff...

Anyone give it a run yet? First thoughts?

Download link here
Mirror here

Source: XDA-Developers

pastorbob

Reaction score
awesome! lets get some benchmarks up with that thing! (sorry if they have already been posting them, i havent been up on everything lately)

evopb

Reaction score
I am installing it right now. I am pretty stolked. I've been waiting for a while for this :heart:

R1Lover

Reaction score
I am curious to see how much faster the Incredible is with the Froyo update.

With official proprietaries, it should make a HUGE difference.

Can't wait till I can get my Incredible.

actually, CM 6 is faster then the official release....

CM6 - quadrant scores 1300-1480
HTC Froyo 1150-1250

these are my own test results.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see how much faster the Incredible is with the Froyo update.

With official proprietaries, it should make a HUGE difference.

Can't wait till I can get my Incredible.

actually, CM 6 is faster then the official release....

CM6 - quadrant scores 1300-1480
HTC Froyo 1150-1250

these are my own test results.

what is bogging down those scores? SenseUI? shouldn't have such a drastic effect...

evopb

Reaction score
Actually before I do this, is it possible to reverse so I can get the update the proper way after the 6th?

bad4u

Reaction score
PETE WHERES MY BB INCREDIBLE ROM!?!?!?!?! :icon_ banana:

Kdrkid81

Reaction score
First post on here but not a newbie to the boards. I have a question about this ROM. Is there any difference between this and the update that is coming on the 6th other than the fact that you need to be rooted to install it. Also I see there were apps posted that this ROM comes with, will they be with the update as well or is this specific to the ROM. One more, is flash 10.1 in this ROM, I did not see it posted with the other apps or is it just a given that its in the ROM.

mach330

Reaction score
anybody else have a hard time with changing bootanimations? is it at a different location now? i can't seem to change mine.