Official Gingerbread RUU released?!

greyghost04

Reaction score
I installed it and seems to be working perfectly. Let's try it out for a day and I'll report.

OP
J

johnd09

Reaction score
What's ruu mean

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

It is a full copy of the ROM and all other software, that can be installed through the bootloader. It is essentially a copy of what they are working on to send out over the air.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

Chukee

Reaction score
Well...I went ahead and did the update. Since its about the end of the month im pretty sure this is the final release. But who knows. . Update went very smooth. Only took about 10 minutes at the most. It did erase everything which was expected. So far im liking the improvements.

dmproske

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't more talk about this topic?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Most people either rooted or gave up on the ThunderBolt and its updates altogether. I didn't give up, I just rooted and have Gingerbread but once the official and ROMs based off it are released and the bugs are worked out, I will jump on that. Otherwise I'll just stick to my AOSP.

Sent from my BLACKSOURC3 using Tapatalk

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently vvm is still broken, so this won't be the OTA.

RVC

Reaction score
I flashed this and it works pretty well.....except for 4g, but that may be another whole issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
This is a pretty solid rom. played with it all day today. no problems what so ever. The new power efficiency mode is pretty good for people with stock battery. I pretty much dont need it because i have the 3500mah extended battery. Also skype front camera works. No problems with weather app saying im in the next city over. No reboots. Tab apps is great. now i dont have to put alot of apps on my screens. Just the ones i need like tikl or navigation. As for this vm bug people keep talking about. I just never have experienced it before. If i see any bugs ill post but so far im not seeing any.

Brockjava

Reaction score
Anyone else try this update? Does it wipe all the data?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

zwegan

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't more talk about this topic?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Once the method to root without losing data was released I think a lot of people that were waiting for OTA GB jumped ship.

I know I did.

ademily87

Reaction score
Yes it does wipe all data like a factory reset.

And now my phone won't play hd YouTube videos or play hd videos recorded with the phone. I can hear the audio just fine but the video just skips I guess you can say. Anything other than hd works fine.

How do I get this off my phone? Lol

Moser9Oner

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to this RUU, I just found out whenever I'm calling people they can't hear me.....whackness!!!!!!!!!

Couple minutes later i shut it down & powered it back on, & it seems to work now......LOL

Last edited: