Official Gingerbread RUU released?!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Once the method to root without losing data was released I think a lot of people that were waiting for OTA GB jumped ship.

I know I did.

Which program did you use? I can't get Universal Androot or Gingerbreak to work.

crg31953

Reaction score
Which program did you use? I can't get Universal Androot or Gingerbreak to work.

Try the Revolutionary method, it worked excellent for me. Absolutely no data loss!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
The reason more are not talking about this is because it's just the latest release. Most have been on gingerbread for months now.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Newer build plus new radios now available.

sent from my bolt

Reaction score
I tried to down load it and it said it was corrupted. Any thoughts.

OP
J

johnd09

Reaction score
Try again, your internet connection with them may have lost some packets of data along the way.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

Reaction score
Am I supposed to download on the computer or the phone. I'm a newbie at this.

greyghost04

Reaction score

D/L into your computer. Connect phone to computer. Turn on USB Debugging in the Applications folder, then go to Development. Check to make phone a Disk Drive. Then drag and drop into the phone directory, it will find the right spot to put it into. Then follow previous directions.

Chukee

Reaction score

Dont forget to rename the file PG05IMG.zip. If you using a windows machine leave out the zip or the file will be named PG05IMG.zip.zip

dmproske

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the leaked 60211.3. Now I don't get voicemail notifications. Anyway to fix that? If not how do I revert back to stock so I can get the OTA that was just announced?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the leaked 60211.3. Now I don't get voicemail notifications. Anyway to fix that? If not how do I revert back to stock so I can get the OTA that was just announced?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the build you installed apparently is the OTA. HTC/VZW are about to have a lot of pissed-off customers.

This should be the RUU for the last Froyo OTA, 1.70.605.0.

If you like other aspects of the new build, you could also try using youmail or Google Voice for voicemail notifications. Both are free.

dmproske

Reaction score
Thanks. I heard that as well, but then assumed that vzw and HTC wouldnt be so innept as to release a update without something so basic as vm notifications!!!! As they say some people could screw up a wet dream.