Official Galaxy Nexus Specs Unveiled Ahead of Event

Steve

Reaction score
One side note, I wasn't impressed with was the quality of the video feed and sync of the audio. You would think that it would be high quality HD stream being that GOOGLE owns YOUTUBE and this has been planned to be announced on the web.

UNC

Reaction score
So what's the GPU??? Is it the SGX543 that's in the 4s???

If it doesn't have a really sweet GPU, I see this as a fail.

*Edit*

NVM, found it.

"It is because of the OMAP4460 processor that the Galaxy Nexus will only have the PowerVR SGX540 GPU, an antiquated beast from 2007 that can actually be found underneath the hood of last year’s Nexus S, and in the Droid Bionic. The SGX540 is very weak compared to the Mali-400 GPU found in Samsung’s Exynos SoC (the one that powers the Galaxy S II), and it’s positively snail-paced against the Apple A5′s SGX543MP2."
-Source

FAIL.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
One side note, I wasn't impressed with was the quality of the video feed and sync of the audio. You would think that it would be high quality HD stream being that GOOGLE owns YOUTUBE and this has been planned to be announced on the web.

I know.

I just read Android Police's G+ constant update.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Not a good camera ? Are you kidding ? That 5 MP camera is better than all the 8 MP cameras I saw . The exposure , low light sensitivity , quality and speed are amazing

doublea500

Reaction score
He tried to play it off well. It looked like it never reset after not recognizing the first guy. I think I am most impressed with the ability to flick away notifications and running applications. I was also extremely impressed with the data usage feature and the ability to limit an apps ability to run in the background. The no-lag shutter is also pretty amazing.

talk about "under pressure". the guy was smiling unsure of what to do. he then said "i think i wore a little to much makeup" or something. i liked the flicking to get rid of notifications and apps as well. i was not to crazy about the beam feature though. the very last one they showed where you just put a galaxy nexus next to another and automatically send something. its not really useful to anybody because well honestly what are the chances that 2 ics devices are going to be next to eachother and someone wants something of the others. with the limited ics devices (as proven in androids terrible history of not releasing upgrades to a broader range of phones) its even more rare.

UNC

Reaction score
Does it not have a MicroSD slot? Ok Samsung, it is really getting obvious that you have Apple's playbook!!!

UNC

Reaction score
Again another sort of niche thing. Unless I'm hiking (and in an unfamiliar area), do I really need to know the altitude? Also, I could see that being fooled being in a storm or area of low pressure.

I am certain that GPS triangulates your altitude anyway!!!
So WTH? Samsung just piled unneeded crap into an underwhelming phone to make it less underwhelming?

The rumors about two Galaxy Nexus' being in existence with the weaker going to VZW are apparently true, except the more powerful phone is actually the SGSII not a different "Galaxy Nexus".

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Again another sort of niche thing. Unless I'm hiking (and in an unfamiliar area), do I really need to know the altitude? Also, I could see that being fooled being in a storm or area of low pressure.

Hell , if they can fit a shaver and a laser sword in this devices so be it ! The more , the better !

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nexus vs razr
4460 vs 4430 Nexus wins!
NFCvs none Nexus Wins!
None vs Splash guard Razr wins!
ICS vs GB Nexus Wins!
who can share on bootloader info?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 4460 is clocked at 1.5GHz according to TI

Couldn't just check the weather? What do you really need a barometer for??? How's it really going to help you? I just think it's weird, that's all.

You made prints off the D1 camera? interesting.
You seem to be taking my statements out of context. I know the 4460 is clocked at 1.5 ghz, i was responding to the 4470 comment. :blink: and im not sure what you mean by prints, i clearly said pics in what you quoted. Do you mean printed via phone through wifi?