[Official] CPU Temp Results

jrl9851

Reaction score
here is a link on how to get and use adb: Android Debug Bridge | Root Your Droid

here is a link to Taz's kernels with directions on how to install using adb: AllDroid - View topic - [Release] TazKernel 1.3GHz and TempMonitor Reborn (02/06/10)

you need to get the Android SDK and hook your phone up with usb to your computer. those are the directions i used. i have never done anything like this before and that was all the info i needed.

I read it and still don't really understand. What do you mean I need to get the android sdk?

jasonb

Reaction score
i'll share some current temp results.

conditions:
-phone is in the multimedia charging dock with the battery at 100%
-wifi tethering, browsing this forum and streaming shoutcast internet radio 64kbps aac+ format songs
-screen on (has been on for at least an hour straight)
-been tethering for about an hour or so non stop.
-phone is set to run at 550mhz when charging
-room temp is 71F 33% humidity

-temp on the OMAP3430 sensor hovering around 55 degrees celsius(131F)

-temp on the AK8973 sensor hovering around 47- 48 degrees celsius(116-118F)

jdx

Reaction score
here is a link on how to get and use adb: Android Debug Bridge | Root Your Droid

here is a link to Taz's kernels with directions on how to install using adb: AllDroid - View topic - [Release] TazKernel 1.3GHz and TempMonitor Reborn (02/06/10)

you need to get the Android SDK and hook your phone up with usb to your computer. those are the directions i used. i have never done anything like this before and that was all the info i needed.

I read it and still don't really understand. What do you mean I need to get the android sdk?

Yepp, get it here :
Android SDK | Android Developers

jrl9851

Reaction score

conditions:
-wifi tethering, browsing this forum and streaming shoutcast internet radio 64kbps aac+ format songs

Wow, way too hot.

jasonb

Reaction score

android sdk is a set of tools for developers (and us hackers) to use. there is a file you need to download and in the file there is a tools section. in the tools section there is a program called adb. thats what you'd be using.

i'm not good at explaining all this step by step, otherwise i would. hopefully somebody more wise than me can come in and help. this was my first time using the sdk and adb as well. so i'm not the best person to help you. that's why i simply provided the links that helped me.

jasonb

Reaction score

conditions:

Wow, way too hot.

are we sure this is really to hot? if the cpu is rated to run up to 70 degress celsius, then i'm still a good ways away. at this point i'm more worried about the battery than the cpu.

i'm thinking it's the combination of tethering while in the charging dock is what caused this.

beneharris

Reaction score

conditions:

Wow, way too hot.

that doesn't seem to hot. it said on the front page from texas instruments that the operating temperature is up to 158 something

jasonb

Reaction score
ok. ten minutes later after having stopped tethering and took it out of the charging dock it is back down to 34C on each temp sensor.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
My normal temp is in the 77-79range and the highest I've got it is 106.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Nope... Thats not how I roll, haha. Idk why its low like that but it just is. Perhaps I got TEH Ü߀R DROID?

Wagner :motdroidvert:

beneharris

Reaction score
has anyone started complining any data with the new cpu sensor? i can help contribute some if your interested in expanding this thread to include that

beneharris

Reaction score
ok guys here we go. so far i have 2 different cpu settings. ill post more when i get teh time to test other things. i tried to keep it to basically what you had posted originally. but this is going through temp monitor, to the cpu sensor, so this should be accurate. im not going to do idle temps because i have a profile set to go down to 120mhz, so its not accurate. i also don't feel that they would be very helpful. the volume for everything was about 50%

800mhz-
5 mins of youtube HQ- 98*
playing tower raiders 5 mins- 89*
playing homerun battle 5 mins- 100*

550mhz-
5 mins youtube HQ- 97*
playing tower raiders 5 mins- 87*
playing homerun battle 5 mins- 100*

so far, with the 250mhz overclock, its not really much of a difference at all. downloading seems to be the main thing that stresses the heat. i got it up to 105 updating a few apps, but i wasnt able to remember to record how many i downloaded or anything.

also, homerun battle has an online option. so i will test that out too. i will upload charging temps too, once i charge the phone :) and ill do tests at 700mhz, and 950 also. i hope that this helps somebody. none of the numbers im seeing are worrysome to me.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
Just rooted to bugless beast and purchased SetCPU. BB is rocking fine. However, when I attempt to launch SetCPU the screen shows SetCPU at the top but i never see any adjustments or anything. Just black screen for where I think the slide function should be. Did I miss something somewhere?