[Official] ClockworkMod Touch Recovery Beta Available

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
b3lwqu.jpg

DancingNexus We knew it was in the works and now the beta is available for download - Koush and CWM do it once again DancingNexus

Download

C3H5N3O9

Reaction score
There has been a touch based CWM recovery for quite some time for the galaxy nexus CDMA. Any word on which is better? I like the one I'm using now a lot and don't see the need to go to this. So I guess if anyone has tried both, it would be nice to know which you like better.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was using Nathan Grebowiec's unofficial version, but flashed this over it. I have to say, Koush's runs ALOT faster. You don't get that hang when you use swipe gestures like in Nathan's build. However, there are no swipe gestures in Koush's official beta though. Kind of miss it, but it's excellent in every other way. I recommend you flash it.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There has been a touch based CWM recovery for quite some time for the galaxy nexus CDMA. Any word on which is better? I like the one I'm using now a lot and don't see the need to go to this. So I guess if anyone has tried both, it would be nice to know which you like better.

Besides this one being official by Koush here are the differences...

[video=youtube;pgQ5qaCjR-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQ5qaCjR-8[/video]

[video=youtube;j9NavH33ohY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j9NavH33ohY[/video]

C3H5N3O9

Reaction score
When I saw a video the other day of the Koush one the guy kept making mistakes. Alright, thanks. I still don't know if I'm going to even bother trying the new one out, as the one I have is fast and seems perfectly fine and I kinda like the fact I can use the softkeys as they seem highly accurate. Thanks.

C3H5N3O9

Reaction score
No, you cannot do that. You need to use ADB. Hang on, I'm getting the codes and will edit this in a minute.

EDIT: Use this, the first brings you to ADB the second flashes.

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery whatever-the-file-name-is.img

Last edited:

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would expect to see an option for installing this recovery via ROM Manager when its out of beta! ADB and fast boot should (in my opinion) be kept out of the hands of noobs (no offense)

mmead1143

Reaction score
loaded thru the command line...easy as cake. Works awesome!! The volume rocker (only in clockworkmode) was so screwy that it was literally the only complaint I've had on this phone.

Now this is the fix :)

C3H5N3O9

Reaction score
Or at the very least, release these with a bit of a warning or more instructions on what's required.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Anyone flash a rom with this & get a status 7 error? I saw a few comments on clockwork mod's G+ page that it happened to them. It hasn't happened to me, just curious.