"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

TatDroid

Reaction score
Got it at noon, used it a bit, then put it on the charger. Took it off at 5:00, reading 100%. Now 3 hours of heavy use, downloading apps, some video, some web browsing, I'm down to 40%. Will make sure it gets a good charge tonight and hopefully will get better results tomorrow ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stuatc

Reaction score
I got the Bionic this morning and had the rep get me the spare battery and battery dock/charger. He said it rang up for only $30 and guessed it was part of the promotion. (They said VZW didn't give them complete "deal" info until today and they were learning more about the deals from customers) I then remembered the extended battery and I was going to exchange that for the battery dock... until the rep surprisingly told me that the extended battery rang up for only $25 when purchased with the phone. Then I got my 25% off! So... I took both. So.. for people who haven't gone shopping yet, see if you can get this deal on the extended battery as I've never paid 25 bucks for a battery before.

Dxun

Reaction score
5 hours off charger with what I would consider heavy use still above 60%. Hotspot was on for about an hour of that while using the phone to surf periodically. Coming from the Tbolt which lived on a charger this is a huge improvement. Not to mention Costco had a awesome bundle which included a spare battery with a charger. Tbolt was a great phone but goodbye and good riddance. The battery on that phone would ruin my days.

TeeX

Reaction score
wow, I'm impressed. Got my bionic home and completely charged it up, used it all day nonstop setting it up, and it finally just died. I got 8 hours of HEAVY- again, literally nonstop- use. That includes over 4 and a half hours of display time on. Ended up streaming Pandora and Netflix to try and kill it off before bedtime :)

really promising start for the first charge cycle!

(oh- I don't live anywhere a 4G area, so had the setting on CDMA ONLY).

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I noticed that my battery life started to go down when I turned on bluetooth. I don't have it configured to pair to anything but in two hours it drained 12% of my 60% total drained which is 4% more than the screen which was on for over an hour. It will be something to keep an eye out for.

anewday

Reaction score
When is it possible to display the battery in non-increments of 10%? :(

mdroid2g

Reaction score
The Droid that almost wasnt....
I get up nice and early and head to a premium retailer at 830. Wait 30 minutes for them to open so I can go feel up the bionic before going to Costco to buy one. Ths sales guy says they don't have any but might a little later. So I BS with the guy for while and told him I was heading to Costco to buy mine. He asked if I would bring a bionic back for them top play with if I actually get one.
So I head to Costco at 930 wait for them to open and hit theed verizon booth at about 950. The guy says he doesn't have any but they should be there any minute. 30 minutes later im told they shohld be here by 11 for sure. So at 1110 i come back and there are two othera waiting for the phone as well. He says they are there but not inloaded yet, long story not so long....at around 12 i finally get me slip. To go pay for it and then the employee will go grab me one. Im not on my wifes card so now i have to wait for her to get off for lunch and drive a half hour to walk through the line with me. 1oclock rolls around and she shows up and i get my bionic. I basically spent 5 hours tring to get mine, butidid finally get one along with the bundle. Car dock..charging dock..spare batt and charger for it..cheap hip case and a screen protector all for 302.00. Oh and i love it so far even though im not in a 4g area. The screen looks very good unless you get so close you cant focus then you notice it is a bit pixely but honeztly at a regular viewing distance you cant see them. It has been a little laggy opening one or two apps and not tooimpressive for browsing but all in all a great phone..much better than my thunderbolt.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Do you charge even though it is 15% left? Or should I let it fully loose charge over night? I got it from costco so I have the battery and battery dock.. Thanks

h1br1d7heory

Reaction score
I took mine off the charger at 100% at around 7pm last night. After moderate usage, for about 6 hours I was down to 37%. I had used 4G for about 2 - 2.5 hours of that. A little dissappointing coming from my Droid Pro, but I never used 4G on it before. Hopefully it lasts longer today after another full charge. LOVING THE PHONE NO MATTER WHAT dancedroid

scdown

Reaction score
Charged fully yesterday, then took off the charger at about 2PM. Used a variety of GMail, YouTube, NetFlix, NFL Mobile, Web browsing, and some games. Also, placed about 1.5 hours worth of phone calls. Total 4G usage was about 250MB.

At 9:30 last night, I was down to 5%. Recharged overnight, and will see how things look after a more typical day.

txrover

Reaction score
After a first night full charge, it looks like it's running about 10% drop / hour. I pulled it from the charger at 6am and by 10am it's 60% under medium use. Some Bluetooth in the car, lots of email (corp push) & texting - particularly re-setting up one of my accounts. Wifi & GPS off. Some music for a little while. Std battery. Think I'll look into extended battery, but I'm at a desk job, so I can plug in often during the day. Oh and my 4G is non-existent at my house and variable at work, so not a great 4G signal.

h1br1d7heory

Reaction score
After a first night full charge, it looks like it's running about 10% drop / hour. I pulled it from the charger at 6am and by 10am it's 60% under medium use. Some Bluetooth in the car, lots of email (corp push) & texting - particularly re-setting up one of my accounts. Wifi & GPS off. Some music for a little while. Std battery. Think I'll look into extended battery, but I'm at a desk job, so I can plug in often during the day. Oh and my 4G is non-existent at my house and variable at work, so not a great 4G signal.

I am noticing basically the same. I was getting the same juice out of my DROID Pro though. I was kind of hoping for significantly better battery life :/ Oh well.