Off Contract Phones

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the phone loop for awhile and haven't been keeping up on all the tech. My Droid Razr is getting pretty tired. It glitches, the screen is cracked, and the battery life is horrible. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan I will not give up.

So, what is the best phone I can get off contract for around $250 or less new? I just want a decent phone that I can wifi tether with, and the usual things. Unlocked bootloader and roms are definitely desirable. I've had 2 Motorola phones and want something different.

I've been thinking about the LG Spectrum 2.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
On swappa the htc droid dna is in your price range and has a great screen (5 inch 1080p) and the battery life is better than the razr

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA - -

loco

Reaction score
I bought a Galaxy S4 from craigslist for $200.00. Its in perfect condition. Like you, I am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. Had I upgraded thru Verizon I would have lost that. So I held out until a decent used S4 popped up on the internet for sale.

My advice would be to not rush it. Keep looking and the phone you want will pop up. I was looking on craigslist every day for a few months.