Odex/deodex/rom clarification

zatoichi

Reaction score
I am currently rooted running stock odex, I am about to install tranquility its deodex.

My question is tranquility is deodex and seems to be quite bare-bones. If I choose let's say install social updates,social network so I can sync it and get my updates on my phone. Do I need to find a system dump file in deodex to push to my phone to make it work.

Or let's say 3g mobile hot spot(apk) will installing it via astro file disturb any of my deodex files if I use the apk contained in a odex system dump file.

Sorry if I can't be completely clear I have little experiance with linux and smartphones

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My experience is with the Droid 1, so this may not be 100% accurate, but I don't see how it would be different. Use at your own risk, however. :)

Deodex allows you to theme and work with a bit easier, Odex is stock and some claim is snappier. There is no problem installing apps to either. I'm unsure about installing a deodexed theme to an odexed system. I don't think it'll work -- however, installing a deodexed ROM over an odexed ROM (like rooted stock) won't be a problem provided the proper procedures are followed.

OP
Z

zatoichi

Reaction score
That all makes sense an apk is apk no matter which you install to. I guess I need to download tranquility and see if it has the appropriate system/framework files in the rom to support some blur items since for the most part its supposed to be a blurless rom. I think...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App