Occasional Video Pixelation and Audio/Video Sync Issues

nyijedi

Reaction score
Sometimes in my video recordings, there will be a second or two of pixelation - usually towards the beginning - and the the rest of the video will look ok. Other times the pixelation will come and go throughout the whole video. However, most of the time, the video looks ok. The problem is that when there's serious pixelation, the audio and video will be out of sync.

Has anyone else who uses the video camera regularly noticed this problem? I'm wondering whether I'm having problems w/ my camera or whether this is just something that occasionally happens on the Droid. Thanks for the input.

bbonkk

Reaction score
droid video

i have great quality from video but have the same problem with pixilation. I think it has to do with the accelerometer when you move the camera. Hopefully it will be fixed with 2.10, if not I am going to Verizon. Got back form CES and they were showing a steadycam for Droid which works great but no price set yet

jdoo

Reaction score
Sometimes in my video recordings, there will be a second or two of pixelation - usually towards the beginning - and the the rest of the video will look ok. Other times the pixelation will come and go throughout the whole video. However, most of the time, the video looks ok. The problem is that when there's serious pixelation, the audio and video will be out of sync.

Has anyone else who uses the video camera regularly noticed this problem? I'm wondering whether I'm having problems w/ my camera or whether this is just something that occasionally happens on the Droid. Thanks for the input.

I have similar issues. I hope they get addressed since having a decent video camera is a big reason I wanted this phone.....and it's too late to take it back.

In addition sometimes I get a popping sound during the recording. Also, sometimes on playback, the video and audio are out of sync.

tjohnsen

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the accelerometer when you move the camera. Hopefully it will be fixed with 2.10, if not I am going to Verizon.

Any way to turn off this accelerometer?

barrio12002

Reaction score
I had the same issue.so I took it to Verizon and the gave me a new Droid no questions ask. I tried the new one and works fine.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i made a quick little 30 sec video of my daughter last night and experienced the same thing. last week a made a 2 min video and no problems. maybe it's a random problem.

masterxchief

Reaction score
It's happened to me in every single video I've recorded and I held the Droid horizontally the whole time.

jdoo

Reaction score

I have similar issues. I hope they get addressed since having a decent video camera is a big reason I wanted this phone.....and it's too late to take it back.

In addition sometimes I get a popping sound during the recording. Also, sometimes on playback, the video and audio are out of sync.

I finally went to a Verizon store (after calling Verizon customer service and complaining....they said they would be happy to give me a refurbished unit). At the store, I received 2 units that were refurbished and neither worked for one reason or another. They finally gave me a new one and were very apologetic for my trouble. I'm very happy with it. So far, the video works great.

OP
N

nyijedi

Reaction score

I finally went to a Verizon store (after calling Verizon customer service and complaining....they said they would be happy to give me a refurbished unit). At the store, I received 2 units that were refurbished and neither worked for one reason or another. They finally gave me a new one and were very apologetic for my trouble. I'm very happy with it. So far, the video works great.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the video problems happen on all Droids. I know because I returned a Droid for a brand new one b/c of this problem, and although it seemed to work fine at first, the problem came back. We also just got another Droid for my wife and she has the problem as well. It's intermittent, and it seems to occur most often when you're moving the phone around while taking video, but it will happen again.

JCo352

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life. I am really getting tired of having to deal with this problem, it's getting really old. Does anyone think that 2.1 could be a fix for this, or is a hardware problem. I have thought about calling motorola, but like said before I think all Droids have this problem. I know it's more than just me and the few people in this thread, because I see alot of videos on youtube that have the same look.

darreno1

Reaction score
2.1 is noticeably quicker than 2.0.1 so it's very likely this problem will be solved for those experiencing it (assuming it's a resource/OS problem). I haven't taken many videos with the Droid (maybe 6 total). Of those, none have exhibited this behavior. This was on 2.0.1. Since updating to 2.1 I haven't tried the video camera. I'll record some vids again to see if I can reproduce this issue.

JCo352

Reaction score
2.1 is noticeably quicker than 2.0.1 so it's very likely this problem will be solved for those experiencing it (assuming it's a resource/OS problem). I haven't taken many videos with the Droid (maybe 6 total). Of those, none have exhibited this behavior. This was on 2.0.1. Since updating to 2.1 I haven't tried the video camera. I'll record some vids again to see if I can reproduce this issue.

Ok sounds good. I had finally flashed the 2.1 ese53 sbf on my phone about 5 days before the annouced the were gonna release the official OTA, so I went back to 2.0.1. In the 5 days I didn't even think to take a video, and I'm tired of using RSD Lite so I'm sticking with 2.0.1 for now. But this problem is getting annoying, I don't take alot of video, but when I do I expect it to perform up to par.

EDIT: Also I think it tends to happen, when there's more light.

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
Ok so I think I might have found a possible culprit for this. This is just my theory, feel free to prove me wrong. As stated in other threads the Droid comes with two different types of sd cards, a sandisk, and a generic one. Is it possible that the generic sd card isn't perfroming up to standards? Maybe when recording directly onto the card things get messed up. If anyone that has this problem could check their sd card and see which one you have, and anyone that doesnt have this problem do the same, maybe we could prove my theory right?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Same problem here. Seems totally random. I've taken video while jogging toward someone in broad daylight and nothing. Taken video while jumping around at a metal concert and nothing. Other times I could be walking slowly, barely moving the camera at all, and it happens a couple times.

I was kind of curious if it had to do with the fact it auto adjusts to lighting conditions. I remember based on the light settings on my old RAZR, the first few seconds in the camera application would be very choppy, so it's a sound theory. Hopefully it isn't a hardware problem like others have said but it's rather rare for me so I'm not too bothered by it.