Now you saw the sgs3, will you buy their next nexus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the sgs3 hardware become our next nexus would you buy or hold on to your current nexus. This is playing devils advocate about rumors that sammy is making the next nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If the stock Android experience rivals that of what Samsung is doing I'd think about it. They have taken Android to a whole other level. After seeing the capabilities that the SGSIII has to offer everything else seems like stale bread. Stock android has just gotten that much more booooring :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the stock Android experience rivals that of what Samsung is doing I'd think about it. They have taken Android to a whole other level. After seeing the capabilities that the SGSIII has to offer everything else seems like stale bread. Stock android has just gotten that much more booooring :)

Did we see the same Touchwiz "experience"?

They had developed maybe 2 things I'd want and both will be developed for use without that terrible skin.

And he asked about the hardware in case you missed it.

Would I upgrade in a year to the hardware used in the GSIII? Probably not. They'll have a quad core using less voltage than the current snap dragon dual core by then and most likely have achieved the larger Super AMOLED + screen, which is really where we'll see improvement. I'd take the camera right now though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd hold onto my Nexus until another "developer phone" is released. I don't have any problems or doubt that this Nexus will hold for 2 years or more

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Probably only if the screen exceeds 5". The .1" difference isn't enough for me to switch, and the screen is really the only area that I want improvement that much, as my Nexus is quite snappy with just its duel core processor. The camera and such is of no concern to me either, because the one on the Nexus gets the job done, it's just a cell phone camera, not a Nokia like everyone expects phone cameras to be these days. Since I have the soft keys hidden on my Nexus, I get the full 4.7" screen, and it is gorgeous as well. Would I buy the Journal that is supposed to come to Verizon? Almost definitely because of that 5" screen. Ha ha ha.

kparks

Reaction score
Liderc said:
Did we see the same Touchwiz "experience"?

They had developed maybe 2 things I'd want and both will be developed for use without that terrible skin.

And he asked about the hardware in case you missed it.

Would I upgrade in a year to the hardware used in the GSIII? Probably not. They'll have a quad core using less voltage than the current snap dragon dual core by then and most likely have achieved the larger Super AMOLED + screen, which is really where we'll see improvement. I'd take the camera right now though.

Exactly I don't see what CK sees in this phone to like it so much... waiting for his reply!! I totally agree with u.. I can tell this site is deff deff pro gs3

B

bens42608

In all honesty, the sgsIII doesn't look all that special.. quad core would be cool but who knows when the u.s. will ever see that. Processor,screen,design- nothing special and it has a Samsung radio which is awful in the gnex. I just don't see the big deal with a new phone that can't do anything better than the one I already have

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I will never buy another piece of samsung crap ever, hell I don't even want to keep the one I have now.

Still waiting on one of those super fast updates from google (Yeah what a :censored: joke) to see if they wil eventually fix the radio on this POS.

They delivered us a POS car mount and multimedia dock and to add insult to injury they quietly dumbed down the accessories for the CDMA version as compared to the GSM version and still refuse to deliver the same product even though there has been an outcry from CDMA owners wanting the same features.

No sammy ever again for this guy!

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as ck , let's be honest there are people who prefer the look of ui over stock UI and that is OK. Infact I think even people who prefer stock even add a theme to add flavor to the regular stock look. With that said I was mainly referring to hardware. If the sgs3 game with pure nexus jellybean google would you buy it. And for me it was touched on by a poster above, if we get a dual core phone then no cuz I have a dual core phone already and its not worth 2yrs + $33 upgrade price. Plus I actually like the soft keys. To the guy above, I know your feeling because I said the same thing. You really ought to try rooting and installing 4.04 with the new radios. I been running the newest build imm76k and it has changed my perspective, plus I think the phone I bought in December was just crap cuz the display on this one is almost night and day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
kparks said:
Exactly I don't see what CK sees in this phone to like it so much... waiting for his reply!! I totally agree with u.. I can tell this site is deff deff pro gs3

I love what they did with Android not the aesthetics of the S3. I agree the phone is nothing to write home about ( like the Nexus) but what makes the Phone is the capabilities and features that Sammy baked into the OS. It makes stock ICS seem dated and stale.

I was saying if the hardware was the same and stock Android offered some great features and capabilities I'd consider it.

As it stands now after seeing what Samsung has done with Android I'd never go back to boring old stock. I'm over it :) I want something fresh and new. Stock ICS is a rehashed version of Honeycomb in my opinion. Unless Google steps it up in a big way the Nexus handsets will be nothing more than a niche device and it will never become mainstream. Perhaps that's the plan and that's great.

Give me a killer experience OTB that I don't HAVE to flash ROMS to enjoy the phone and I'm there. Right now, in my opinion, stock is a giant bore fest after seeing the presentation. Lets see what the other manufacturers can cook up and what Google does with their next iteration of Android. Call me crazy but this is how I see things :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love what they did with Android not the aesthetics of the S3. I agree the phone is nothing to write home about ( like the Nexus) but what makes the Phone is the capabilities and features that Sammy baked into the OS. It makes stock ICS seem dated and stale.

I was saying if the hardware was the same and stock Android offered some great features and capabilities I'd consider it.

As it stands now after seeing what Samsung has done with Android I'd never go back to boring old stock. I'm over it :) I want something fresh and new. Stock ICS is a rehashed version of Honeycomb in my opinion. Unless Google steps it up in a big way the Nexus handsets will be nothing more than a niche device and it will never become mainstream. Perhaps that's the plan and that's great.

Give me a killer experience OTB that I don't HAVE to flash ROMS to enjoy the phone and I'm there. Right now, in my opinion, stock is a giant bore fest after seeing the presentation. Lets see what the other manufacturers can cook up and what Google does with their next iteration of Android. Call me crazy but this is how I see things :)

I will take your offer and call you crazy.

:blink:

kparks

Reaction score
cereal killer said:

What's ur 5 favorite things they did than??? The siri rip off... The touch the screen and rotate to activate the camera that takes longer than unlocking and hitting the button lol! What features do u like cuz I don't see any good 1s