Now what?

acbrown24

Reaction score
So out of complete boredum and curiosity (did i spell that right?) I rooted using z4root. What are some important or necessary apps I should get now?

What are some apps that you recommend for fun or whatever?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Something Additional: I've seen pictures of z4Root before with an "unroot" option. Mine however does not have this option in it..when gingerbread comes out I will probably want to try it out at least. What can I do to unroot or go back to the factory software when that time comes?

EDIT number 2: Nevermind, got it.

km75

Reaction score
Its curiousity. But the spelling isnt important. Lol. What is important is for you to tell the community what exactly you hope to accomplish by means of rooting. Tell us that and a lot of people can send you in the right direction. First recommendation would be to create a backup!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
A

acbrown24

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get the most out of my phone...I don't really know haha I was just bored and wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I know that's dumb because you kind of need to know what you're doing apparently, but whatever.

And would you suggest titanium backup for that?

km75

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get the most out of my phone...I don't really know haha I was just bored and wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I know that's dumb because you kind of need to know what you're doing apparently, but whatever.

And would you suggest titanium backup for that?

I was referring to doing a nandroid backup. You do this so if you ever decide to play around with a new rom you will have an image of the phones current state. So in the event the new rom presents problems you can always flash back to your original setup. Titanium backup is good to have. Used it myself. But it has its limitations when it comes to doing backups. Only backs up apps and data. But it also allows you to do other things like getting rid of bloatware that comes pre-installed on your device amongst other things. But IMO you should definitely have it. But going back to what i said earlier, what exactly are you trying to do? Increase perfomance? Increase speed? Increase battery life? Wireless tethering? Install a new rom? Get rid of ads? All these things can be accomplished by rooting. You just have to be a little more specific in stating what you are trying to do. Unfortunately ive owned a D2 and a D3 so i wouldnt be able to offer specific help only general help. But the D2G owners would be able to help you with what you need or at the very least send you in the right direction. So my advice to you would be read the forums and ask questions. Once you feel comfortable with everything have a blast with all the things you can do.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums