Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This has been a very strange roll-out, for sure.

I was just listening to the DroidLife show & they said the same. It's a weird time to be an Android fan with Notes exploding, Nexus becoming pixels, & this update.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery life reminds me of lollipop and kit kat. MM I knew I could go all day without s charge. N so far is unpredictable. I'm seeing it go from throttle to full drink. Obviously a bug and I'm surprised Google ignored it from the last preview.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Battery life reminds me of lollipop and kit kat. MM I knew I could go all day without s charge. N so far is unpredictable. I'm seeing it go from throttle to full drink. Obviously a bug and I'm surprised Google ignored it from the last preview.

I read on Reddit that there were reports going back as far as DP3. Like I've said somewhere on this forum, maybe this thread, I wish they'd just about it & tell us they're working on it. That would go a long way for me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read on Reddit that there were reports going back as far as DP3. Like I've said somewhere on this forum, maybe this thread, I wish they'd just about it & tell us they're working on it. That would go a long way for me.

I feel like they were just trying to meet a deadline to get it out to the masses (Nexus masses). Because what we learned last year (and in years past) is they were able to get solid fixes when they got out to more people who use it in different ways. Being this was a slow roll out that you had to sign up on the beta program to get in the first day. This may just be another beta.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hope we see more updates, because battery has gone back down. Not like it was on the initial 7.0 release, but still not good.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep, pretty pitiful. Do you guys leave BT and WiFi on all the time? I listened to music via car BT, then BT headset for 2 hours combined, but I'd like to think it shouldn't drain that much.

84c68ffadd481ff5b60ea2aa838c8a96.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm on a Moto Z now, but I leave BT and wifi on when I'm using them. AW watch and music in the truck get BT. Wifi is basically only on at home or my in-laws where I'm the one who's secured those networks, so I know they're good.

My morning routine consists of turning wifi off and BT on as I'm getting ready to leave the house. Usually the opposite when I get home, because I tend to take my watch off when I changed clothes for the evening.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I leave both on all day, whether connected to a network or BT device or not. Usually it's not more than a 1% drain as far as BT goes. Maybe I need to start turning WiFi off when I leave the house.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know I ran a test YEARS ago comparing a day with wifi on, but not connected to a day with it on when I was in range of a trusted network and off when I left and it really seemed negligible. I believe it polls less frequently when it doesn't find a network and/or you stay in the same general area, but I could be wrong.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Wifi will search for a network ever 120 or 190 seconds. (Need to look at my build.prop file). So that will consume battery.

I turn them off when not using them.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I connect to my watch as soon as I leave the house, so BT stays on, but I don't think it's causing drain other than this last screenshot. WiFi on the other hand may be a big consumer.