Nougat OTA yet?

shark86x

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone get the update OTA yet? Wondering when it might happen. Does the carrier affect the timing at all?

OP
S

shark86x

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes, I saw those threads, and I know it's due in the next week or two. I was wondering when it actually starts rolling out OTA and not through the Beta program.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hard to say. Even when it starts coming out OTA outside of the beta program, it may still be another week or two before it hits your device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How's 7.0 been running for everyone? One of the changes has to do with Doze and the fact that it is suppose to be more active (or inactive). I have not seen the same leveling out in the battery graph with Doze like I had with marshmallow. Some maybe think it isn't working. Also, my signal seems to drop out randomly while showing connected in the status bar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Same with the battery here. Doesn't sewn to plateau in places like it did before while sitting. Battery makes it a nice full long day though.

As for signal, I haven't been out much since the baby was born. WiFi seems to be working just fine.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Same with the battery here. Doesn't sewn to plateau in places like it did before while sitting. Battery makes it a nice full long day though.

As for signal, I haven't been out much since the baby was born. WiFi seems to be working just fine.

Did you pick up sewing as a new hobby?

No problems with battery or snooze. Android system is still my 2nd and 3rd battery killer.

Haven't seen any signal issues.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
e6d0e3ab376755284d8cc2eeaccd1095.jpg

This morning so far, only off the charger a little over an hour and on WiFi and down 20% already. Horrible. I also had an app that I use to view the camera I have on my son when he's sleeping (only 7 months old) and that has been using a bit of battery lately as well. Maybe another reset is in order.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
e6d0e3ab376755284d8cc2eeaccd1095.jpg

This morning so far, only off the charger a little over an hour and on WiFi and down 20% already. Horrible. I also had an app that I use to view the camera I have on my son when he's sleeping (only 7 months old) and that has been using a bit of battery lately as well. Maybe another reset is in order.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
@Mustang02 and I have been doing some research. Apparently, this is a bug that was reported back in like Dev Preview 3, that still hasn't been addressed. FDR's don't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Mustang found something that said disabling Chrome and using another browser (after updating WebView) should help, but we're both trying it and neither of us have seen improvement.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
@Mustang02 and I have been doing some research. Apparently, this is a bug that was reported back in like Dev Preview 3, that still hasn't been addressed. FDR's don't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Mustang found something that said disabling Chrome and using another browser (after updating WebView) should help, but we're both trying it and neither of us have seen improvement.
Yeah, if you don't have nougat yet, don't upgrade. This is like trying to find a needle in a million haystacks.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've come to that conclusion. Other than putting MM back on. Which I'm downloading right now. Have you found out why Google hasn't put the 6P image files up yet?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haven't come across any sort of explanation. Would be nice if it's because they're patching this bug, but I won't hold my breath.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the looks of things, the first maintenance update will jump to 7.1 which is a pretty big jump (I'm sure you've seen that already). Maybe they found and are fixing the bug. And I was wondering why there hasn't been an image or zip posted myself but haven't seen why.

Sent from my Nexus 6P