Notifications?

Ixice

Reaction score
Anybody know where the actual notification area is?

I have recently began receiving spam in the notification bar wanting to know if I want to download some BS app, which I do not want. Towards the end of the message is (opt out @ http://.....) but I can't see the URL to "opt-out" at because it cuts off for lack of space. I can't read the entire message because if I touch the message it simply goes to the BS app or website instead of showing the entire message. Long press on the notification is the same as short press, it just goes to the app (market or website)

Anybody know how I can "opt-out" or block these spam notifications?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anybody know where the actual notification area is?

I have recently began receiving spam in the notification bar wanting to know if I want to download some BS app, which I do not want. Towards the end of the message is (opt out @ http://.....) but I can't see the URL to "opt-out" at because it cuts off for lack of space. I can't read the entire message because if I touch the message it simply goes to the BS app or website instead of showing the entire message. Long press on the notification is the same as short press, it just goes to the app (market or website)

Anybody know how I can "opt-out" or block these spam notifications?

I think there's an app called AirPush that will find and tell you what app on your phone is causing that stuff.

Good luck

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Addons Detector app will let you know what app is pushing the notifications. The only solution usually is to uninstall the offending app. Sometimes if they have a paid version, it won't push the notifications. My policy is to never use a paid version of an app because the free version forced me to pay to avoid crap like that. I can tolerate advertizements in the app, but not pushed notifications.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Having a similar issue. I seem to be getting these pop up notifications too. Don't know how I got them...and not sure how I can eliminate them. Right now I've got this Green Star sitting in my notifications bar....asking me to down load a vulgar app. I've downloaded the Addons Detector....but not exactly sure what to do with it. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this problem....without having to to a factory reset?:mad:

Thank you in advance.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Thank you Altspeed. Downloaded the app. Rightaway it found the little bigger that was causing all the chaos.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Thank you Mystical Dreams!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums