Notifications off at night

tfmpro

Reaction score
I am trying to set up my Droid to the following. After 9PM I would like the phone to be silent when new email comes in but to still "ring" when a call or text message come through.

I have tried Locale and the best this seems to offer is the ability to set the device to go silent after 9pm for all notofications/ringtones.

My Treo had this setting withing the email apps, where you could set hours of notification.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
FoxyRing. It will do almost what you want. You could set up your phone numbers through its emergency contact feature. I don't know about the text messages though.

Stigy

Reaction score
I am trying to set up my Droid to the following. After 9PM I would like the phone to be silent when new email comes in but to still "ring" when a call or text message come through.

I have tried Locale and the best this seems to offer is the ability to set the device to go silent after 9pm for all notofications/ringtones.

My Treo had this setting withing the email apps, where you could set hours of notification.

Any thoughts?
In Locale when setting the Volume you can click the arrow and that will allow you to change ringer volume and notification volume separately...

Let me know if this works for you!

OP
T

tfmpro

Reaction score
So FoxyRing seems to disable all ringers and notifications altogether but not by App.

Locale idea gets me closer but muting notification will also mute SMS, but at least the phone will still ring.

Any other ideas?

NYChiroCop

Reaction score
I'm using Sound Manager and it's working fine. I keep the phone ringer on all the time, and turn the volume of notifications down to zero between 10 pm and 8 am. You can also control the vibration for these events. Best of all, it's free.

coondogg97

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
In Locale when setting the Volume you can click the arrow and that will allow you to change ringer volume and notification volume separately...

Let me know if this works for you!

That's what I do and it works very well. There was just an update to Locale too, seems to be running better now.