Customize Notifications

adamsimon

Reaction score
I have three (seemingly) simple things that I want to do with my Droid, but have been unable to figure out. Please help!
  1. I want to set it up so that when my wife, boss and best friend call me , my phone rings out-loud or vibrates even if the phone is muted or on silent. (Bonus points if you can get it to do this for when they send me a text message as well...)
  2. I want to be able to customize notification sound levels for different apps. For example, I want the Text Messaging app and Calendar to make a loud sound when I receive a message, Google Voice to vibrate, Facebook to be silent and only flash a light and Google Talk to be completely silent (but still show up in the notifications bar)
  3. I want different light colors for different notifications. For example, green for emails, blue for text, white for facebook and purple for IMs.
I have had a Droid for a while (2 years on Droid 1 and now almost 6 months on Droid 3) and this has always bothered me, I have never been able to find a good solution and it has recently become crucial that I solve this problem. PLEASE HELP!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well for #3, you can try light flow. As for the other 2 I am not aware of any app that'll do this.

I'm not 100% sure, as I've never used it, but maybe Tasker does some of those functions from your other 2 options?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoisit app may be what you seek. It'll take care of most of your wishlist

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk