Notification problems

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I'm running MIUI 1.1.7 and I recently discovered some problems with my notifications. First I realized it when I downloaded and started using GO SMS I wasn't recieving notifications about new text messages. I correctly disabled notifcation in stock sms and made sure all other notifications were enabled in the GO SMS settings.

Well, that was my first problem but I moved back to handcent and was okay even though I really would like to get GO SMS working but I can live with handcent for now.

But my real problem I discovered was I actually WASN'T recieving certain text messages from people. This problem was totally outside of the no notification problem I thought I was having.

So if anyone could provide some feedback on both of these problems I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I'm pretty savvy (hence my newbie droid rating) and I'm pretty knowledgable about how things should be set up and I do I read up a lot to learn on my own but this problem I can't seem to figure out.

To be honest i rarely ever text so I can't reproduce this issue with the
"not getting texts". Im sure someone will chime in and help.

BTW why are you running 1.1.7? any particular reason?

Thanks for the quick response. It is strange, I've never had this problem before on any other builds. Thought maybe it was 'their' phone with the problem. But I think it is actually mine.

To answer your question, the reason I'm running 1.1.7 is that I have had great success with it. I have been running since 0.10.12 I believe. And before I was having problems updating Apps that were on my sd along with a few other minor problems and when I flashed 1.1.7 it finally fixed all of my problems and I was totally happy with it. When 1.1.14 came out, I waited and read about some peoples experiences and saw that they had some problems so I held off a bit because of how well 1.1.7 was running for me. I figured I would wait until the next build.

But I really appreciate all the work you have done and can't wait until the next build that I flash.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks for the quick response. It is strange, I've never had this problem before on any other builds. Thought maybe it was 'their' phone with the problem. But I think it is actually mine.

To answer your question, the reason I'm running 1.1.7 is that I have had great success with it. I have been running since 0.10.12 I believe. And before I was having problems updating Apps that were on my sd along with a few other minor problems and when I flashed 1.1.7 it finally fixed all of my problems and I was totally happy with it. When 1.1.14 came out, I waited and read about some peoples experiences and saw that they had some problems so I held off a bit because of how well 1.1.7 was running for me. I figured I would wait until the next build.

But I really appreciate all the work you have done and can't wait until the next build that I flash.

I'd check out the current MIUI version. It's the smoothest release yet, imo. I'm not entirely sure why you aren't receiving some texts/notifications in Go SMS. Could it be an app issue rather than a miui issue?

i would double check with vzw too...at one point i wasnt getting calls, cuz call forwarding "magically" got turned on
hell even now people get "number has been disconnected blah blah" msg and they have no idea whats going on and keep sending my D1s when i call...how bout we just try a different phone and see if it fixes it...but they wont give me a dinc or X...anyway this isnt about me so yea...;)

Last edited:
I use GoSMS and occasionally I don't get the notification but it doesn't happen too often. But it's been that way on the stock and Handcent as well in the past.

I don't know if this will help, but my sister has a blackberry and wasn't receiving texts from certain people. She did the *228 programming and that fixed the issue for her.

I don't know if this will help, but my sister has a blackberry and wasn't receiving texts from certain people. She did the *228 programming and that fixed the issue for her.

I tried the upgrading through *228+ and still waiting to see if it is totally fixed but we'll see. Also I am getting ready to flash 1.1.14 so maybe in the wipe it will hopefully fix my problems. Thanks for all the input

this post won't help you, but i understand

i had the same "not getting texts" problem as you and had it through various MIUI builds. i removed all 3rd party messaging apps = no fix. i removed all sms backup type apps = no fix. reprogrammed w/ *228+ multiple times = no fix. i even tried a bunch of other ROMs & found I kept having the same problem.

it was so bad i had to tell everyone who texts me that i'd always respond & if i didn't, they should assume i didn't get the text. this went on for weeks...maybe months...actually, i'm not sure. i still feel the need to always confirm i got someone's text even if it's a pointless response (like this reply :))

anyway, i have no idea why -- hence the title of this post -- but things seem to be working for me again (and if this message jinxes things, i totally blame you OP!! :icon_ devil:)

my only suggestions: keep flashing the newest builds, keep reprogramming w/ *288+ after every flash and make sure everyone important knows of your problem & that you're not intentionally ignoring them (esp your significant other...they get really p1ssed about that stuff :soapbox:

I'm having the same problem on the current build. I never had it before. I only use Handcent for texting. I'm hoping a *228+ fixes it.

i had the same "not getting texts" problem as you and had it through various MIUI builds. i removed all 3rd party messaging apps = no fix. i removed all sms backup type apps = no fix. reprogrammed w/ *228+ multiple times = no fix. i even tried a bunch of other ROMs & found I kept having the same problem.

it was so bad i had to tell everyone who texts me that i'd always respond & if i didn't, they should assume i didn't get the text. this went on for weeks...maybe months...actually, i'm not sure. i still feel the need to always confirm i got someone's text even if it's a pointless response (like this reply :))

anyway, i have no idea why -- hence the title of this post -- but things seem to be working for me again (and if this message jinxes things, i totally blame you OP!! :icon_ devil:)

my only suggestions: keep flashing the newest builds, keep reprogramming w/ *288+ after every flash and make sure everyone important knows of your problem & that you're not intentionally ignoring them (esp your significant other...they get really p1ssed about that stuff :soapbox:

That is about spot on for my problem and what I have done to try and fix it. Really the only person that I was not recieving texts from was the significant other lol (sprint htc hero) so I thought maybe it was hers. but now I know that it wasn't because I found out that I wasn't receiving texts from a few other as well. Soo that's why I posted this thread and here we are.

Well in conclusion, heres what I did:
-Complete factory reset/wipe (like always)
-Flashed the newest MIUI 1.1.14.1 along with the *228+ update
-Did not restore data on any of my texting applications

annnd now I believe I have fixed the problem, as of right now I AM receiving texts from everyone (including my gf which was the reason why I had to fix this problem)

so idk? We'll see if I really DID fix the problem

I'd suspect that it's GoSMS and not MIUI. I was using GO on my last ROM before I jumped ship to MIUI (Charity smoked glass themed) and I wound up dumping it and going back to handcent because it would randomly neglect to notify me about incoming texts.

I'd suspect that it's GoSMS and not MIUI. I was using GO on my last ROM before I jumped ship to MIUI (Charity smoked glass themed) and I wound up dumping it and going back to handcent because it would randomly neglect to notify me about incoming texts.

It's not GoSMS. I have never used it and I'm having the problem. I use Handcent and I also downloaded Verizon Messages but I haven't used it yet. I'm going to uninstall the VZW app and see what happens.

Yeah, now I'm getting the problem. Using GoSMS. Would use stock but I want the iPhone sms and every time I edit a theme, it doesn't read it now. Might try today though. But, I can't say I remember having the problem before I flashed a theme.

Yeah I don't believe it is GO SMS because I uninstalled it and ran both handcent and stock at different times and still had the problem of not receiving texts.

Even though I think I 'fixed' the problem of not receiving texts at all. I still ran into an occasional problems with GO SMS not notifying me when I did receive a text.

Back