Notificatiion Lights

jasonty

Reaction score
Hi, does the Razr have notification lights in the top corner like the Droid 1?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, the upper left side...

satarecah

Reaction score
3 Diff ones lol i just havn't figured out how to mess with them yet :p

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
3 Diff ones lol i just havn't figured out how to mess with them yet :p

If you want to change colors for notifications - you can do it one of two ways...first within the actuall app settings (SMS, gMail, etc) or by using an app called Light Flow from the market - it will allow you to change the LED, vibrate pattern, ringtone, etc...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Yes... but they kind of suck. No where near as bright as my DX. Also, for some reason, if you Handcent, the light blinks rather than stay solid. I found this incredibly annoying, as I would have to stare at my phone for a few seconds, to wait on the blink.

Zandar

Reaction score
Yes... but they kind of suck. No where near as bright as my DX. Also, for some reason, if you Handcent, the light blinks rather than stay solid. I found this incredibly annoying, as I would have to stare at my phone for a few seconds, to wait on the blink.
The Handcent thing sounds annoying, but I'm glad the notification LED isn't any brighter. It's bright enough that I can see it, but not so bright that I feel like freakin' Logan's Run if I get a notification in the middle of the night while the phone's on the charger in my bedroom.

Zandar

Reaction score
If you want to change colors for notifications - you can do it one of two ways...first within the actuall app settings (SMS, gMail, etc) or by using an app called Light Flow from the market - it will allow you to change the LED, vibrate pattern, ringtone, etc...
I haven't seen any options for notification colours in any app settings. I would like to do this for GMail, GTalk, and GVoice. Is there a native way to do this?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I haven't seen any options for notification colours in any app settings. I would like to do this for GMail, GTalk, and GVoice. Is there a native way to do this?

No color option in the stock apps... If you download 3rd party apps for email, sms, etc - they generally have that option.

Light flow covers most all of the stock apps for color change.

~it's not just a phone~

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
You can't adjust the notifications color in the Razr's stock apps. But, Lite Flow Lite works great. Lots of customization for notifications besides the LED colors.