Light leakage

hayn

Reaction score
Does anyone else have light leakage at the top of their RAZR?

woodie2

Reaction score
Yes especially in kindle application.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
How noticeable is it on yours? Mine is pretty noticeable especially around the Motorola logo.

tkileh

Reaction score
Thnx for making me notice! Its gonna bug me now.! >< lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
Welcome Hahaha I'm getting bugged by it. You think its worth getting a replacement?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anyone else have light leakage at the top of their RAZR?

The light you see "leaking" is nothing to be concerned about. It is a phenomenon of light conduction where the light from the display is passing through the first surface of the glass digitizer and some of it bounces off of the second surface inside the glass and bounces between the two surfaces at an angle until it makes it's way to the edge and escapes through the imperfect edge surface.

This is essentially how fiber optics works. Since the glass edge is exposed just under the Motorola badge, where the ear speaker is, you can see it escaping there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
So I don't need to be worried about it then?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess mine is good...
I see nothing ..

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
The light you see "leaking" is nothing to be concerned about. It is a phenomenon of light conduction where the light from the display is passing through the first surface of the glass digitizer and some of it bounces off of the second surface inside the glass and bounces between the two surfaces at an angle until it makes it's way to the edge and escapes through the imperfect edge surface.

This is essentially how fiber optics works. Since the glass edge is exposed just under the Motorola badge, where the ear speaker is, you can see it escaping there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

So I don't have to worry about it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I don't have to worry about it?

Correct. It will be there on virtually all phones.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
Correct. It will be there on virtually all phones.

Ok thanks!! It bugs me every time I see it.