Note Shipping Early

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just left Costco, they said delivery for Friday guaranteed if pre-ordered, but their stock may be limited to as few as 10 or so new units if purchased on the release date.

Droidmath

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
He will definitely be there before it opens. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A signature is required but 90% of the time you can leave a note on the door asking for them to leave it and leave the tracking number and the signature that they needed. an INDIRECT signature is required which means even a neighbor can sign for it. Apparently fedex has a specific form that you can fill out and put on your door to have it left, but it is all up to the drivers discretion, so that's where the 90% comes in.

My phone shipped this morning and is PA and estimated to be here on Friday, so at least it's on time.
I work as a FedEx driver here in Maryland. We can only use an indirect signature if it's called for. Most of the time these things need a direct signature and if no one is home we attempt 3 days in a row and then ts held at the terminal for 10 days. If it requires a direct signature and the driver releases it to your door, we can be fired. But that's only if the customer calls in claiming to have never gotten the package, truthfully or fraudulently.

But yes, it's up to the driver ultimately whether or not to take that risk. Lol.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I work as a FedEx driver here in Maryland. We can only use an indirect signature if it's called for. Most of the time these things need a direct signature and if no one is home we attempt 3 days in a row and then ts held at the terminal for 10 days. If it requires a direct signature and the driver releases it to your door, we can be fired. But that's only if the customer calls in claiming to have never gotten the package, truthfully or fraudulently.

But yes, it's up to the driver ultimately whether or not to take that risk. Lol.

Sent from my Note 4
The tracking info says indirect signature. I think I'm going to call tomorrow and see my options. I'd hate to have to be sick Friday......

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If it specifies indirect you're good. 2 options, get a neighbor/friend, family member etc to sign for it, leave a note specifying who or where, or leave a note on the door telling them to leave a slip and you sign the bottom. He will either leave the package and return to get the slip the next day or vice versa.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If it specifies indirect you're good. 2 options, get a neighbor/friend, family member etc to sign for it, leave a note specifying who or where, or leave a note on the door telling them to leave a slip and you sign the bottom. He will either leave the package and return to get the slip the next day or vice versa.

Sent from my Note 4
Can I just go to Fed ex and get one of those slips and have it on the door signed when he comes? I'm going to push for them to just hold it for me and I'll go pick it up on lunch but I'd like to know my options in case I get sent out if town for work for the day.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you call your local hub yea I'm sure something could be worked out like that.

Sent from my Note 4

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Im just going to run to fedex on thurs and grab mine before everyone on friday

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
No worries. When you hit the tracking number of the VZ email, you get to Fed Ex. Below the 'In Transit" area, there is a button for customize delivery.. Hit it and you will have delivery options such as a digital signature. I think there is even an option for instructions, but I could be wrong there.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
No worries. When you hit the tracking number of the VZ email, you get to Fed Ex. Below the 'In Transit" area, there is a button for customize delivery.. Hit it and you will have delivery options such as a digital signature. I think there is even an option for instructions, but I could be wrong there.

This is done. Thanks for the heads up. I'm doing this AND leaving a note. lol.

Mine said estimated delivery by 4:30PM on Friday, but now it says 8 PM and it's been bouncing around pennsylvania the last few days without making any progress. I'm in SC only a few states a way. I think they are trying to stall so I don't get it early.

dumpyloser

Reaction score

Sent from my Note 4

Thanks for the info! It does say indirect though, so here's to hoping they leave it.

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Well, I'm not much help most of the time, but once in awhile, I have that brief moment of revelation. You are very welcome!! My estimate keeps shifting as well. Definitely stalling. Mine has been in PA for a couple of days now.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Well, I'm not much help most of the time, but once in awhile, I have that brief moment of revelation. You are very welcome!! My estimate keeps shifting as well. Definitely stalling. Mine has been in PA for a couple of days now.
Yes they are stalling cause mine shipped sunday and its still sitting 2hrs from my house in lindale then west chester then lindale

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I feel your pain... Mine has gone from West Chester to Coatesville to Linwood. Been sitting in Linwood since Monday. My poor ol' S5 must know the end is near. It's been acting up something horrible over the past week or so.Friday can't come soon enough.