Note 2 update

Asylem

Reaction score
My wife and I just got an update today and we can now use the multi Window mode. I'm glad it finally works, that was a selling point that I didn't know was not in the US version. Just wondering if anyone else received the update as well and if there was anything else that was changed that I missed. Btw I'm in SC and on t mobile.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
My wife and I just got an update today and we can now use the multi Window mode. I'm glad it finally works, that was a selling point that I didn't know was not in the US version. Just wondering if anyone else received the update as well and if there was anything else that was changed that I missed. Btw I'm in SC and on t mobile.

I am on Verizon we had it from day one. The only thing is is that it only has a couple of apps that work with it. What apps works on yours

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

The Verizon version launched with multi-window support (although as jgmecarter said, it's somewhat limited). The Sprint version of the Note 2 received the multi-window update over a month ago at the beginning of November. Now that T-Mobile has sent out the update this week, I think AT&T is the last of the four carriers to be missing it.

pool_shark

Reaction score
There are guides showing how to modify apps to make them compatible with multi view, it isn't difficult.

If you're rooted you can install a modification and multi window tool app that allows you to add any app.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
Guess that answers my question. In all the demos, it was showing people using Facebook, and other apps in it. I couldn't figure out how to add any apps to it. Hopefully they get it to where you can add youtube, facebook, and other apps that would be nice to use in the multi window. Awesome feature, but very limited right now.

zacedward

Reaction score
There are guides showing how to modify apps to make them compatible with multi view, it isn't difficult.

If you're rooted you can install a modification and multi window tool app that allows you to add any app.

Do you have a link showing how to add the apps to multi Window thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Verizon version launched with multi-window support (although as jgmecarter said, it's somewhat limited). The Sprint version of the Note 2 received the multi-window update over a month ago at the beginning of November. Now that T-Mobile has sent out the update this week, I think AT&T is the last of the four carriers to be missing it.

You are correct sir. Att do not have the multi window feature but I am willing to give that up for an unlocked bootloader. Because even though att have not pushed the update that has not kept me from using it thanks to developing. Currently running 4.2.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

pool_shark

Reaction score
You are correct sir. Att do not have the multi window feature but I am willing to give that up for an unlocked bootloader. Because even though att have not pushed the update that has not kept me from using it thanks to developing. Currently running 4.2.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm waiting on a 4.2.1 ROM. I've read it is much different than 4.1.1 or 4.1.2.